NewCelica.org Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The engine is the same internally - only the intake manifold, wiring harness and TB / IAC are different.

Yes, that is a good price.
Awesome you guys are the best lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am confused as fu*k.

I am about to buy a DD intake manifold but i am not 100% if its cable or DBW.

Can someone tell me if my car is DBW or cable / or has it been converted to cable?

I have a 2005 celica sx (gts) RHD, but it has a cable TB, wtf is this?

Please can someone explain if it is DBW or cable or been converted to cable?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
well that looks like a cable TB to me, so there is no DBW there. follow the cable, if it goes to a box on the left side and has another cable coming out of it, thats the cruise control. Maybe you Aussies didnt get DBW?

·
Registered
185 Posts
would it have been possible that my celica was converted into dbc from DBW, yet still have cruise control?

If so, does that mean that I can use any power Fc? Because I hear that DBW celicas need a power Fc for the 2003-2005 and a adapter to Make it work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a question. I have a 2002 Celica GT with a 1zz-fe 1.8, did the 2zz-ge swap, wired the OCV and OPS to Ecu, still using the stock wiring harness. I have no check Engines lights no DTC's. I got the lift @ around 6500rpm. The issues I'm having is idle is erratic sometimes high @ around 2000-3000rpm. I used a Vibe intake manifold and throttlebody, changed the IAC and Tps, tested Mass air flow everything workd fine. Anyone have any tips suggestions? I'd like to compare a wiring diagram to see if the stock 1zz engine harness ECU pinout is compatible and goes to the appropriate places to the ecu as the 2zz, But so far can't find anything to compare with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a question. I have a 2002 Celica GT with a 1zz-fe 1.8, did the 2zz-ge swap with a 2003 engine and ecu from gts, wired the OCV and OPS to Ecu, still using the stock wiring harness. I have no check Engines lights no DTC's. I got the lift @ around 6500rpm. The issues I'm having is idle is erratic sometimes high @ around 2000-3000rpm. I used a Vibe intake manifold and throttlebody, changed the IAC and Tps, tested Mass air flow everything workd fine. Anyone have any tips suggestions? I'd like to compare a wiring diagram to see if the stock 1zz engine harness ECU pinout is compatible and goes to the appropriate places to the ecu as the 2zz, But so far can't find anything to compare with.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I got a question. I have a 2002 Celica GT with a 1zz-fe 1.8, did the 2zz-ge swap, wired the OCV and OPS to Ecu, still using the stock wiring harness. I have no check Engines lights no DTC's. I got the lift @ around 6500rpm. The issues I'm having is idle is erratic sometimes high @ around 2000-3000rpm. I used a Vibe intake manifold and throttlebody, changed the IAC and Tps, tested Mass air flow everything workd fine. Anyone have any tips suggestions? I'd like to compare a wiring diagram to see if the stock 1zz engine harness ECU pinout is compatible and goes to the appropriate places to the ecu as the 2zz, But so far can't find anything to compare with.
Did you swap the 2 outside pins to the TPS connector?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Alright time to bring this back up because I'd like to convert my 04 gts dbw to the throttle cable. I currently just got a 2000 gts motor. I already owned the cruise control module from a 00 gts and I got the aculator for cruise control. If I get a 2000 gts gas pedal and the cables along with a 00 gts ecu would it be a easy plug in set up or is there any wire modifications I'll have to do to the harness that goes into the car?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Alright does anyone know if a 00-02 dashboard harness swap also will complete this? I'm getting the rest of the parts I need from a parting out 00 gts 6 speed. The guy is giving me prices for everything. Luckily I've gotten a extra steering column for the switch. Thanks to a mechanic friend that sadly passed away, I have a box of random 00gts stuff like cruise control module. So a 00 gts motor I got and the guy threw in the cruise control aculator. Really if I'm reading right I'll just need throttle cables, 00gts engine harness, 00-02 gts dashboard harness, gts gas pedal, and lastly apexi fc. Calculating about 300-400 for these and I'm running a 04 gts 78k with a whole 00 gts set up with 105k on motor and 78 on transmission

·
Registered
68 Posts
The whole conversion is now possible since parts are more common and slightly cheaper. Anyone can find a high mileage 00 gts for like 1000-1500 part it out and get the parts needed for the conversion. I'll try to take pictures of everything you need for this post when I do it so anyone else can do the conversion.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was told that the left and right side of engine bay harnesses are different. Is this true or would i only need the dashboard and engine harness with everything else to finish the swap

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,358 Posts
101 - 120 of 131 Posts