NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow i feel dumb... but im sure im not the only one thats clueless on this topic.... when i say burnout i mean a true stand-still, tire smokin burnout, not just a lot of wheel spin. a lot of people tend to think of any spinage as a burnout which isnt true, of course :p

anyway, can someone clear things up? are there different methods for different cars? i always thought in a truck you just had to powerbake it a bit then floor it and let off brake.... plz someone help me out. thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pull up your Sidebrake all da way up and put your gear on N then rev it up to 6k then jam it to 1st if you wanna have fun dont floor it just punch it little bit more than half

·
Registered
737 Posts
Put on some skinny fronts, spin the wheel full lock, Rev, Pray that your driveline doesn't explode and engage 1st, or reverse. Ease the park brake on tight.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It's also best to practice before you do your "performance". FOr starters get onto some grass and practice the launching. Move onto wet roads next, then dry roads and smoking.

Once you are proficient at getting them lite up, try reverse donuts.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
er... thanks for the responses... i guess.. :p how would you do it in a lightning? can you just powerbreak in those? i jsut want to know how to do it in an automatic truck, not my car you silly foos =P

·
Registered
737 Posts
Ah, RWD makes it easier, and gives you better balance for the donuts and 8s.

follow the procedures above but with your foot on the brake, not tightly but not too firm either. (forget about the park brake).

Still practice on someones lawn first.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
4CyLSiLvACeLi said:
er... thanks for the responses... i guess.. :p how would you do it in a lightning? can you just powerbreak in those? i jsut want to know how to do it in an automatic truck, not my car you silly foos =P
Put in a line lock, install a widshield cleaning system using just water spraying directly on the rear wheels and viola, instant self contained burnout......:)

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
You can't normally test drive a new Lightning. You may be able to test drive a used one. (I know where one is :( ).

But yeah, left foot heavy on the brake, right foot semi-heavy on the gas. At the track I so that to scrub off the tires a bit. Then after they're spinning you can ease off the brake and take off a bit. Pretty fun actually, and very easy to do in a Lightning. :evil:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
it is easiest to do if there is a slight grit on the road...pull the e-brake and dump the clutch....

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
blackcelicagts said:
exactly how to do a burnout with an auto?

Its very simple especially in a high hp rwd vehicle. I done several in my T-a but the smokiest one was in reverse going slightly up hill.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
why u even want to know?

not good for ur car and tires do not come for free:)

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
i need to buy some

thinking kumho from tirerack.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts