NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Quick question. How do I remove the shaft? The chain is too tight for it to move. What am I doing wrong?
Not fully reading the thread. Check the TSB method, it worked fine for me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
This is probably a really dumb question but I would love to make sure 100%

The only reason you had to remove both camshafts is because both of your bolts were broken right? Say only the bolt to my intake camshaft is broken, I don't have to touch my exhaust cam correct?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ok, here it comes, another dumb question:

If my lift bolts are not broken, do I need to do anything further pass picture 18? Of course need to install new bolts.

Oh, and what are those rims on the yellow celica? Those are so HOT!

Super great write up. Im so happy I found this!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I should do this ASAP.

Should I get new Lift bolts at toyota dealership? Or where can I get the ones that Smay used? I guess it's easier for me to get them from toyota as I live in Norway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am confused because On phillys they talk about removing belt tensioner and I cant get to the tsb the links are broken. I dont know where to check if rocker shaft moved or how to move it to get the bolt in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey all, the intake lift bolt on my celica is broken, as in when removing it to replace it it was already snapped.

thing is my lift still works fine and the broken half of the bolt is still stuck inside. is it possible to take it out by using some sort of easy out tools on it? or is it not recommended?

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.