NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really into putting my all into my Celica and I have a lot of plans for it in the future. I wanted to know the best way to get sponsorships...like how to set up the proposals, what companies look for, etc....I also would like to know how others went about getting sponsorships...
thanks

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have a whole proposal that I have sent out to companies. It is just a word document set up to look professional with pictures of my car. Basically it has a cover stating it is a Proposal for Sponsorship, whom I want the sponsorship from and my contact info along with a picture of my car. The next page is my table of contents. Then I have sections in my proposal for:

Introduction and Mission
My History
Modification List
Sponsorship Benefits for the company
Benefits for me
Events planning on attending and trophies won
Automotive References
Pictures of car

It has worked wonders. I've had full sponsorships from AEM, Carcept and local shops.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
chrissi24 said:
I have a whole proposal that I have sent out to companies. It is just a word document set up to look professional with pictures of my car. Basically it has a cover stating it is a Proposal for Sponsorship, whom I want the sponsorship from and my contact info along with a picture of my car. The next page is my table of contents. Then I have sections in my proposal for:

Introduction and Mission
My History
Modification List
Benefits for me
Automotive References
Pictures of car

It has worked wonders. I've had full sponsorships from AEM, Carcept and local shops.

Good Luck!
that only works for car show ppl right?

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
^^^why would someone sponsor you for no reason. Yes it is for show/race cars, use your head man. The whole point is advertisment, plain and simple. They want a car that is gonna grab people attn and look what parts are on the car then they seen the big ole decal, and that makes them want to get the part, or atleast check out the website, potentially buying the product.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
There is no way a company sponsor you if you do not go to shows, they even require you to show your car or compete your car. Any other type of sponsorship where there is money out of your pocket is not really a sponsorship.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
I know I have potential for being sponsored! But dont want to cause I dont want a bunch of stickers on my ride (unless its from TRD...Haha) and going to shows when I dont feel like going but have to cause you have to represent you sponsors. Dont know but sponsorship isnt for everyone! But anyways if this is what you realy want to do for your ride then do it and I wish you best of luck!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
cool2miketlu said:
There is no way a company sponsor you if you do not go to shows, they even require you to show your car or compete your car. Any other type of sponsorship where there is money out of your pocket is not really a sponsorship.
Some companys will soponsor you if your into racing. I go to the track often and alot of people do have some sort of sponorship there..atleast the hardcore people do.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
cool2miketlu said:
blitzceli said:
^^^why would someone sponsor you for no reason. Yes it is for show/race cars, use your head man. The whole point is advertisment, plain and simple. They want a car that is gonna grab people attn and look what parts are on the car then they seen the big ole decal, and that makes them want to get the part, or atleast check out the website, potentially buying the product.
:werd:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chrissi24 said:

Introduction and Mission
My History
Modification List
Benefits for me
Automotive References
Pictures of car

Good Luck!
Thanks...this is going to be extremely helpful.
and thanks for everyone else's encouragement and input. :thumbup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
^^^ Hey David!!! You definetely have to go to the shows, talk to reps, compete, etc. I did car audio competitions with my 2000 Celica GT and was sponsored by Concept Car Audio and would have been sponsored by Meguiar's, but turned them down because I started my job up in Alaska and couldn't make time to go to all the car audio shows. What chrissi24 basically said is what you have to do. Here is an example of my proposal that I sent to a lot of car audio companies in ordered to get sponsored by them. Try not to copy my proposal word for word because I just might try to get sponsored in car audio equipment again soon.

July 24, 2002

CONCEPT
943 S. 48th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
480-967-1199

Attention: Larry Fredrick

Subject: Corporate Car Audio Sponsorship

Dear Larry Fredrick:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Jerry Bulosan. I am a competitor on the dB Drag Racing and USACi Sound Off Circuits in California. I am writing you in an effort to obtain a sponsorship from your company. Though I have only been competing for a relatively short time, I have become addicted to attending the shows every weekend, winning trophies, and constantly improving my results. My 2000 Toyota Celica GT is my competition car. Since I first began competing April 20, 2002, I have traveled to almost every event in Southern California and have seen my SPL increase by almost 10 dB in just two short months. I love showing off my car and the equipment I use to all who attend these competitions. To date, I have accumulated 150 points in dB Drag Racing, thus qualify for the minimum 100 points required for an invitation to the DB Drag Racing World Finals to be held this fall. In addition, I have reached the 120 point milestone needed to qualify for the USACi World Finals this year as well. My goal is to participate and win both the dB Drag Racing World Finals and the USACi World Finals.

Of course, I would not be as successful on the circuits without the help of a highly qualified installer. Devin Oliver, chief installer of Audio Advice in La Crecenta, CA has assisted me in putting together my entire system. He is also an authorize dealer for Concept and has sold me the Concept CC-D2400 amplifier. He is tremendously knowledgeable, creative and capable of designing and installing top quality audio systems. In the past, he has designed other winning cars, including local and regional winning cars for Peter Yi and Vincent Marino. In addition, Mr. Oliver designed Deron Johnson

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
yup its pretty much what you can do to help the company. look at it as a side job. get paid what you like doing most.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Being sponsored sucks unless you're just completely obsessed with this...which some people are.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Hey what did is your highest hit

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
It is also very bennificial to have your car on any website that you can find. Esp ones like Hincity, Cardomain, Carsponsors.com, importtuner, prostreetonline, superstreetimports. By having full portoflios on a number of differnt sites it shows that your car will be viewed often but the community at large. It is also good ot have a central online professional portolio. I am currenently designing mine similar to this:

http://www.rabanmedia.net/sasakyan.html

Another great place to find and discuss in person with sponsors is at large carshows. I obtained 2 at hin just for talking to the companies (true they are smaller bu anything helps) and then they can see your car in person and see the attention it grabs.

Finally this will get lots of flack but i honestly dont care. Carsponsorships.com worked for me. If your going to be spending some cash on the car you will get "quasi" sponosred buy all 15 or so of the companies working with them. So u get liek 1/2 off. But if you just want free products your car needs to prettymuch be done.

I find thats the catch with sponsorships for show/race cars. Your car needs to essentially be done and already obtain much attention before your going to be taken seariously.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
just hand out flyers to milk companies..hopefully stephan papadakis or neil tejin will see you ride and be like,"yo son that celica be bumpin like this pimple on my forehead!" then he'll pick you up and you'll be in like sin.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.