NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Discussion starter · #28 ·
if you have the stock air box it's harder to do from the top. An intake would remedy this problem and you can get it from the top. I have a stock air box so it was too much of a PITA to try get it from the top.

Just do it from under the car if you're not sure.

^^ yeah i already picked some up just wondering how much is enough to put in... because seems like a lot can go in and ive been spaying about half the bottle and i didnt see any lithium grease come out letting me know its good enough...

celicarida said:
is this the squeeking sound u get while your driving around and the sound that goes away when u press the clutch in ?
That's a worn throwout bearing, which can only be quieted by replacing it (requires removing the tranny). The guide above will cure squeaking caused by pushing the clutch, not the other way around.

My gearbox seems to be perfect, shiftings are smooth without any squak or noise but I need big force to move gear bar comparing to our 1.8 Ford Focus for example. So do you think if it's worth to grease shift links or it's waste of time?

I DO NOT AGREE with spraying lithium grease in the throwout arm boot, where the clutch cylinder is located. this will just spray grease all inside your bell housing. If your really crazy with it, it just might get into the clutch flywheel assmbly. This would not be good. If your going to grease something, do the clutch cylinder piston boot and the shifting assembly boot. Again i seriously do not suggest you spary lithium in your bellhousing, there is absolutely no benefit unless you grease exactly where the throw out arm pivots in the bellhouseing, which wouldnt be squeaking anyway IMO.

just my 2 cents

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.