NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have installed hoodpins on your celica, how did you install it and where did you mount everything?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by SatansLilCelica
I mounted the pins to the hood...

Really, so did I. It's just a pain putting the cotter pin in under the front bumper.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by Red01GTS
Really, so did I. It's just a pain putting the cotter pin in under the front bumper.
You went through all that trouble??? I had Vinyl pins made for my CF hood.... Really fools everyone! Looks just like pins...

Fools!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Damn, that is a great idea. Where can I get those? I cut my forearm everytime I close the hood.

I really need to clean my MAF and this would make it much easier.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by SatansLilCelica
You went through all that trouble??? I had Vinyl pins made for my CF hood.... Really fools everyone! Looks just like pins...
What the hell is the point of that? The only reason I put the pins in my hood is to make sure that it stays down if the latch breaks off the underside of the hood. I drilled them into the metal bar on top of the radiator, and drilled the holes right through the hood. It took about 30 minutes.
Vtec, if you decide to drill the hood, be sure you know what you are doing. Come up from the underside, and hold a piece of wood right on top of the hood where you are drilling, so that you are drilling into the wood too. Dont worry about drilling the hole too big because the pins should have a metal disk to cover the hole. PM me if you have any specific questions about it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
but why not just drill through the radiator support and have the pins facing down? It would be cleaner that way. Call me crazy.... :chuckles:

I do like your idea Satan, it's cheap, plus I don't scratch my arms putting those damn cotter pins in everytime.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by Red01GTS
but why not just drill through the radiator support and have the pins facing down?

That is one of the cleanest installs I have seen! Thanks Red...

One question, though... How did you get the CF Hood manufacturer to mount the pins in the hood so the dont show on the outside? I mean, it is so cool that you have the safety of the pins (incase the latch breaks) and I understand how much of a pain it would be to put the clips on... But, that must have cost some cash!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Actually, I've had some mods done since the last time you saw it. That hood cost me close to $5,000 to have it made. :AF:

You can't see the pins from the top side of the hood and I had one of my tweaker buddies up in Hesperia make me a custom, one-off release system for the pins. (he is the same guy that made that sprinkler filtration system).

Anyway, my hood will close and open like a normal hood now and everything is unseen. Damn, it's soooo clean too. All I have is an extra cable hanging down on the inside cabin kick panel. I just pull it and my hood pops up like a normal car. I also installed a worm gear though, so my hood will actually open and close fully auto. Just pull the pin and hit the switch and watch her rise. Damn, it's so trick.

What we're working on now is a Lambo fuel door to match my lambo doors. The fuel door will be CF and I need to find a way incorp the hood pin/worm gear setup into the fuel door. I don't want that sucker flying away while driving, plus it would look cool to have it fully auto.

The end result that I have in my mind is the hood, truck, doors, and fuel door and automated and ran off of a remote control. That way when people hit switches to raise and lower their car via the suspension, I can raise/lower/open/close my hood, rear hatch, doors, fuel door, etc.

Tell me I wouldn't be cool then!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wow, now those are cool ideas!

I was wondering if you (or your friends) know of a good body shop to mod my car... It will be some work... But, in the end, it will make my celi stand out!

I want to cut my rear hatch doen the middle to make it open like barn doors (like a suburban). Then I can have my amp rack motorize up into the air (with monitors) at a signal light to get attention!!!!!!!!!

It will be sick! Can you help?

·
Registered
435 Posts
i hope you 2 retards are being sarcastic. if you are, stop. its not funny, nobody is laughing.

if you are serious, god help you both, and take it to a pm please.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks for the info in the PM.... Just wanted everyone to know they are missing out on the best info out there (since we were directed to PM eachother).

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS- you have another PM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.