Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.newcelica.org/other/installs/injencai/index.htm

<table align=center width=85%><tr><td align=center><b><font size=+1>Injen CAI Install for 2000+ Celica GT-S 6-Speed</b> by Nasty N8</font></td></tr><tr><td><br>1. Disconnect negative terminal of the battery</td></tr><tr><td><br>2. Remove bumper (4 snap screws on top, 4 bolts on top, 5 screws on bottom, 1 screw on each side near bumper lens

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey how did you get ure bumper off? i have the TRD front lip and i just saw a bolt on each side of the skirt? are thoses the bolts?

·
Registered
91 Posts
wanted to know cost and if all the stuff comes in a kit and maybe refer me to the best place to buy it from. PM me if you can b/c i'm not subscribed to this thread

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the short ram air intake in my celica. hooked up everything correctly but now i have a slice problem the car wont run, i need lot and lot of help. it would start but it would die like in 4 seconds. somebody help if you read this...

·
Registered
79 Posts
dam chino how would the car die in 4 secs? and if so just put the stock stuff back in. also on overboost.com they have help for this

·
Registered
163 Posts
hey chico, i got one i my celi and i had the same problem, but my solution was the extra vacumm hole on the throttle body it needed to be plugged and i lost the little cap the kit came with and found a suitable substitute and it was all good.

·
Registered
868 Posts
chicobun21 said:
I installed the short ram air intake in my celica. hooked up everything correctly but now i have a slice problem the car wont run, i need lot and lot of help. it would start but it would die like in 4 seconds. somebody help if you read this...
I had that problem too. It starts choking around 500 RPMs. You just need to rev through the powerband for a few minutes until your car begins to recognize the new intake. I hope you remembered to reset your ECU before you started your car. That should work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm I have this problem: I installed it and sometimes it would die randomly; and the check engine light wont turn off. I think I need to reset the ECU but I deno how to.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i did the installation but for some reason it wont even start can any1 help me?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
when you install the new intake, your car is still setup for the air pressure and ammount coming through the stock airbox, when you install the new intake you need to reset your ECU so it will basically re 'learn' how to operate, since a new ammount of air is entering the engine. rev the engine a few times, and try driving around, it'll take about 20 minutes from my experience but the car will start to operate normally the longer you drive it just after you install the intake

·
Registered
163 Posts
payatz said:
i did the installation but for some reason it wont even start can any1 help me?
ya reseting the ecu was easy simply unplug the neg terminal on your battery for like 15 mins. the vvt-i "I" is for intelligence, so your car is used to being driven by you! it learns the way you drive so after its reset it'll feel a little weird but drive normally it will get accustomed to your driving habits in no time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So, I can see this cai (Cold Air Intake) was a major pain for a major number of owners.
What did it do for the way the car runs??? Must be fairly fantastic to go to all that trouble.
Anybody care to post the results? That is, asside, from the headache of the install.

PS thanks for the troubleshooting tips, I'll remember if I ever
decide to put a cold air intake on ,2 reset the carputer
by pulling the neg batt term for 15 min. and make sure all vacuum intake holes are capped off.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
^^ Its not that bad to put on. Just takes time (Removing the bumper would help, it takes another 10 mins, just know where the bolts/nuts are place.
Performance: Better response, more HP.
Look over the top and click Dyno database for results.

·
Registered
169 Posts
^^Yes, it is very easy if you have the tools and follow this install, i Love the sound and better response on high RPM's when lift hits the car runs very nice!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Guys im having a problem with my celica CAI.... missing parts.... im not a car expert so i dont know what they are called. Ive done the most i can as a newbie! ur help is mostly appreciated

my thread is:
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235671

I want to complete myCAI setup but have missin parts... just tell me what to order. (pics posted at the bottom of mmy thread)

·
Registered
2 Posts
HELP MEE!!! i dont know where my ODB canister is??!??!

I can not find my OBD canister when i bought the car it was with a cheap SRI that kept giving me check engine lights!!! so i bought an injen cold air intake but i am lost at the step that says use the obd canister and attached it and all.... where is that located???

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just on a side note. I would like to say that if needed you can move, what I believe to me the HID unit for the headlights(not sure what it really is)if you need to/ I noticed with this specific kit, the bracket that its mounted on it rubbing the filter quite a bit. SO I just drilled a hole an inch or so over and mounted it there...works perfectly. Just a small tidbit of info lol.

Heres a pic....

·
Registered
510 Posts
Quick Question.
I've gone from Ebay CAI w/ Dry Flow filter to Injen, and i have found out that pieces of plastic piping is missing (the one you cut & connect). It's called ECU duct pipe that connects ECU box and bottom of the radiator.

I've ran my car for about 4 years now. and had no problem w/ it.
what does it do? do i need it??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.