NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know guys... I have an auto gts and would like to make it faster but is it worth it to try? I know how slow the auto's are so I dont want to waste the money if it isnt really going to improve anything. Also are there any turbo kits for the auto gts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know that a turbo kit is coming out, availible for GT-S automatic. It will cost about $3650, plus shipping and installation. Celicas already have a high compression engine, so the HP increase will not be as much as it is with other cars.
There are other options-they icrease HP much less but are also significantly less expensive (less than $1000). You might try a cold air intake system, supercharger, or NOS.

Manuals are faster....but only in the right hands. I've heard lots of horror stories about people who don't know how to drive them ruining their transmission.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
CAI: no real HP improvement, couple of HP's at most,
S/C: none available (Blitz still in R&D)
NOS: only reality for the auto gts, but IMO more engine strain.

btw, where are you getting this info that there will be a $3650 turbo kit for the a/t GTS? you're not referring to the David Draper kit right? cuz that's for the GT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.