NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I imagine they'll be easier to find than a DDPR IM.
That's for sure . Yeah I am going for the mwr stage 3 cams. Just ordered some mwr pullies and got a hella deal on 440cc injectors and power fc :) can't wait to receive all these goodies

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hope no one be bugged in bringing it back up.

Daily Driver $50 - $3500
Step 1 - Injen CAI (AEM or E-bay w/ Blue bomber mod if you don't intend to continue to step 5 and beyond.)
Step 2- Exhaust - Magnaflow - RSR, something free flowing. TRD is not free flowing.
Step 3 - DD Performance Research Intake manifold with Q45 Throttle Body
Step 4 - Ceramic coated PPE race header with NO cat.
If you can't afford PPE then Ceramic coated ported stock header with decat
Step 5 - Lightweight flywheel
Is there anything else that is needed for the ehaut besides the Magnaflow catback and PPE header? Are these things that should be bought used or new?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hope no one be bugged in bringing it back up.

Is there anything else that is needed for the ehaut besides the Magnaflow catback and PPE header? Are these things that should be bought used or new?
Used or new wont matter

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I imagine they'll be easier to find than a DDPR IM.
I dunno, I never have any problems finding one of our manifolds.... :)

·
Registered
4,466 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I drive a 2004 Toyota Celica GT-S. If I buy the PPE Race Header from ppeengineering.com would I also need to buy the Air Injection Tube? And what collector should I get?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
what is the highest compression we are able to run on pump gas?
what octane pump gas? on 91 or 93 you can run about 12.3:1 with a good tune. I have heard of people getting away with as high as 13:1 on 93 octane as well, but have never pushed it that far myself.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
I think the TRD pistons were 13:1 and touted to run on the stock ECM?
In Japan yes - don't know what octane they have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will the magnaflow exhausts pass emissions tests or do I need to change my exhaust back to stock every time I go to get an inspection?

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
In Japan yes - don't know what octane they have.

Same as we do but rated on a different scale I think. I think they also sold a Japan only remapped ECM for the pistons cams and exhaust combo but not sure. May be thinking of Toms for the 3S and 4A.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Same as we do but rated on a different scale I think. I think they also sold a Japan only remapped ECM for the pistons cams and exhaust combo but not sure. May be thinking of Toms for the 3S and 4A.
Yeah - I would chance 13:1 on 93 with a tune. Would definitely rock it on E85.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Hey so I remember PPE headers having a notoriety for cracking a while back, is that still an issue? Was it a fabrication problem or people installing them in a way that put stress on the manifold? It looks like they have a flat flange to mate to the mid pipe, does the PPE mid pipe with cat have a flex section at all?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Hey so I remember PPE headers having a notoriety for cracking a while back, is that still an issue? Was it a fabrication problem or people installing them in a way that put stress on the manifold? It looks like they have a flat flange to mate to the mid pipe, does the PPE mid pipe with cat have a flex section at all?
PPE uses a donut gasket for the flex joint just like the factory header. The spyder ones don't really ever crack, and I haven't heard of any issues with the Celica ones in a long time either.

·
Registered
225 Posts
No way on the torque. As for the WHP, welcome to having a stock GT-S with 500$ of mods! Plus the 2zz is made much stronger and efficient from the start.

No way. Low 13 is build N/A 2zz territory.

Good luck!

I ran 13.44 with a tune and a set of stage 2 cams. That was also me letting off at the end. (This was in my Mr2)

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
PPE uses a donut gasket for the flex joint just like the factory header. The spyder ones don't really ever crack, and I haven't heard of any issues with the Celica ones in a long time either.

Awesome

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most cold air intakes aren't worth the boxes they come in. The stock air intake funnels in cold air from the front of the car, where as most of those aftermarket ones that hang somewhere in the engine compartment send hot underhood air into the engine....they should really be called "hot air intakes". There are several Youtube dyno vids that compare stock vs. aftermarket intakes, and the aftermarket ones actually lost a few hp. Unless your aftermarket intake gets it's air directly from the front of the car, keep it stock---just because it's fancy doesn't always mean it will work better.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
You're wrong. Cold air intakes take air from outside the engine bay, which is why they're called that. Warm air intakes or short ram intakes take it from inside the engine bay which when driving isn't much different than the outside air temp. Honestly there's really not much difference for a stock engine between either intake or stock, but when you deviate from stock the factory airbox may not flow enough air or even fit anymore. My CAI pulls from the wheel well just behind the driver side fog light.

·
Registered
278 Posts
This may have been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer while searching. Will the PPE midpipe bolt up to the stock cat back? I know a performance header should be put on after a cat back is done, but I had a leak up by the front of the midpipe and the header so I figured while I'm up there I might as well get the PPE and not have to go back to it. I've got the header and the midpipe now and I'll be ordering the magnaflow in a couple days but I'd like to get rid of the leak sooner than later.

221 - 240 of 243 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.