NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Available at your local automotive store. Spark Plug Non Fouler PN 42009 ($4.99)

You now need to drill out 1 of the non foulers using a 1/2" drill bit. When finished this is what it will look like.

Side by Side comparision of the orignal and now modified non foulers

o2 Sensor inserted in the modified non fouler

Second, unmodified non fouler now installed on modified non fouler

Original non fouler->Modified non fouler->o2 sensor

Fully installed

So been reading on quite a few other forums about a way to trick the o2 sensor running in a straight pipe or anything other then the cat. They used a spark plug non-fouler to encase the rear o2 sensor. The idea behind it is when you remove the cat the 2nd o2 sensor is going to have too much crap reaching the sensor that isn't filtered out, which will make it think the cat has gone bad. What this does is it moves the o2 sensor further away so a limited amount of exhaust gets to the o2 sensor, it is a VERY little amount that actually gets to the sensor but as long as it is considerably less than the primary o2 sensor then it wont cause a CEL. I have searched high and low throughout the forums for something on this but I have turned up with nothing. Can anyone confirm or deny if this actually works. I want to run a straight pipe soon if this does in fact work. I mean logically.... it should but I just don't know since I haven't tried it. :shrugs:

Thanks,

AZgts

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
i am running the non fouler in my GT right now! works like a champ. this is exactly how i did it

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am running the non fouler in my GT right now! works like a champ. this is exactly how i did it
SMAAY!!!! Thanks for the info and confirmation bud! :thumbup: I'll definitely be throwing this setup in when I put in my straight pipe :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dont remove the cat... just drill it with a bit of the size of the cat exit pipe. You'll get a "straight pipe" airflow and avoid exhaust resonance which btw is terrible.

I did it and it runs perfect

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont remove the cat... just drill it with a bit of the size of the cat exit pipe. You'll get a "straight pipe" airflow and avoid exhaust resonance which btw is terrible.

I did it and it runs perfect
Cats bad regardless, Planned on putting on a PPE straight pipe. IF anything at all ill just have a resonator throw in it, but I don't want another cat. :shrugs: Anyone know of any good resonators to use? :D

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I finally got around to actually trying this out and everything seems to be going as planned. I put it in this past Saturday, pulled the negative on the battery to reset my CEL, and have driven just about 200 miles on it now with no CEL.... CONFIRMED! :thumbup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are you straight piping it right now and its working?

My cats bad and I was just thinking of pulling it out or just doing what Viper did above ^^. Would drilling through it make my TRD exhaust really loud? I don't want it any louder, do I just need to buy a new cat?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you will not pass SMOG! you may be able to fool the ECU but you are not going to fool the sniffer test. there is a reason you are throwing a CEL, the CAT is bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts