NewCelica.org Forum banner
201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I just opened it from the link I gave you above...:confused:

And I read your posts on the FCdatalogit group.Nice.
Can you summarize or outline the contents? I've got an hour and a half of idling on this tank of gas already ... *Laugh*

·
Registered
854 Posts
Going after this on my own would have failed miserably. I've searched high and low over a number of sites just to try to resolve this issue alone.

The shocking thing is the wild variations from map to map to map. But I'm saying I cut a HUGE amount out of the fuel in the first 5x5.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all of your help and patience. It's greatly appreciated!
Yup every car is different. I've never had problems coming to a stop even with low timing, but its useless to run below 20 degrees of timing at idle or any of the top row.

My regular timing map looks like this in the first 5 cells. 20 20 21 22 24

Keep tuning man!

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
well in Hydra at Idle my spark map is 8
you guys running 20 at idle wow.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I understand the PFC manages the timing anyway, it's just getting it close that matters. And it usually runs around 20 all things being equal. I've seen it fluctuate from 15-24 while logging idle based on load, etc.

I didn't mention, I put the Cranking (mS) back to defaults after leaning things out in the first 5x5 Base map cells. My rich starts are gone and cranking time was long due to being lean it seemed! This explains my starting problems with MWR's IHE map. I'm positive if I similarly leaned out their first 5x5 she'd start fine. MWR told me they'd never heard of starting problems with their map. Whatever... *Laugh*

My cheap SRI has an ID of just over 2.5". Do we think that's close enough to the default air flow curve?

·
Hardcore N/A
1,396 Posts
I understand the PFC manages the timing anyway, it's just getting it close that matters. And it usually runs around 20 all things being equal. I've seen it fluctuate from 15-24 while logging idle based on load, etc.
I would say that 20 degrees upon warm idle is a little high...I noticed that even at 1100 rpm,with idle ign ctrl on,PFC fluctuates mostly below 17 degrees...

My cheap SRI has an ID of just over 2.5". Do we think that's close enough to the default air flow curve?
Yes;but the design plays it's slight role,too...Keep the Option 1.

Can you summarize or outline the contents? I've got an hour and a half of idling on this tank of gas already ... *Laugh*
Did you try open the pdf again?I have no problems loading it,as many times as I tried...If not,I will explain!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Every time I click on it, IE's status bar says I'm downloading a bit more. But, after a good 7-10 attempts I'm only up to 157K of the 9.53MB it claims the document takes. I'll keep clicking, but a very brief outline would be nice. I didn't think it was such an involved exercise?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I would say that 20 degrees upon warm idle is a little high...I noticed that even at 1100 rpm,with idle ign ctrl on,PFC fluctuates mostly below 17 degrees...
And I just logged my startup in order to see - fluctuating around 24-29. *Laugh* I guess it's a good thing it manages itself. *Shrug*

·
Hardcore N/A
1,396 Posts
I'll keep clicking, but a very brief outline would be nice.
Well,it goes as follows:

The car must be warm to 80 degrees Celsius.

You will perform the 3 step process like this:

Idle for 5min w/o load,idle for 5 min with parking lights on,idle for 5 min with parking lights off and A/C on.

After every 5 minute step,blip the throttle once to see if idle returns to normal rpm without any odd behaviour.If idle turns out right,proceed to the next step.If not,let the car idle again for 5 min...

That's all!it's very easy and takes only half of the time!

·
Hardcore N/A
1,396 Posts
And I just logged my startup in order to see - fluctuating around 24-29. *Laugh* I guess it's a good thing it manages itself. *Shrug*

·
Hardcore N/A
1,396 Posts
Hey guys!!

Has anyone messed with INJ vs TPS settings?There are some cells in my map that are damn lean when I accelerate but when I run the same cells through cruising,AFRs are pretty well at 14~15...

This setting seems to be the only solution,cause when I add fuel there,acceleration is ok but cruising is very rich in the same cells.

Anyone?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hey guys!!

Has anyone messed with INJ vs TPS settings?There are some cells in my map that are damn lean when I accelerate but when I run the same cells through cruising,AFRs are pretty well at 14~15...

This setting seems to be the only solution,cause when I add fuel there,acceleration is ok but cruising is very rich in the same cells.

Anyone?
Jesse uses INJ vs TPS to tune fueling. He keeps his entire fuel map at 14.7 afr and then adds fuel by TPS values. I like this way and will try it if I get pfc again.

Another way to help your problem is to add some more resolution into that area of the map.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Is he posting anywhere anymore about his current PFC tuning methodology?

·
Hardcore N/A
1,396 Posts
Jesse uses INJ vs TPS to tune fueling. He keeps his entire fuel map at 14.7 afr and then adds fuel by TPS values. I like this way and will try it if I get pfc again.

Another way to help your problem is to add some more resolution into that area of the map.
Resolution is already there.400 PIM and 450 RPM breakpoints.

This way seems tricky,although,coz you are having VTA values close enough to each other...
Is he posting anywhere anymore about his current PFC tuning methodology?
Yep,I'd like an update,too!!

BTW,have you noticed that the pics are gone from the first posts?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Good thing I PDF'd the thread...

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
he sold his car a while ago I dont know how often he checks on this forum these days

·
Celica GT-S Turbo
99 Posts
Hi I have a turbo 2zzge and recently bought the Apexi fc but without the Datalogic. Turbokit sent me a map turbo and I have images to let the same, but with the fc commander I can only modify the injection map and base map no.

How I can calculate the values ​​of the base map to put on the map injeccon?

Here the pictures:

201 - 220 of 240 Posts