NewCelica.org Forum banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
the images from the 1º post are gone it will be great if someone could upload them again

regards

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I've made some research and it appears no one knows what the units are. I guess I'll have to figure it out by doing datalog comparing maf voltage and a/f ratio against air flow numbers.

What I'm trying to do is to relate load with air flow, that way it should be easier to find pulsewidth for a target a/f based on air and fuel flow numbers.

Regarding Load on the pfc this is what I found:

Air Flow Correction (AFC)
Defines eight MAF sensor voltages and associated Air Flow percentage corrections.
Air Flow Curve (AF)
Defines 32 MAF sensor voltages and the associated volume of air that enters the engine. This curve models the engines volumetric efficiency (VE[17]) with the throttle wide open (WOT[18]).
LOAD calculation
LOAD = min (2^15, (AFC * AF) / RPM) * (2^14))
Notice that the maximum LOAD is 32768 (= 2^15) and that this is also the maximum practical LOAD MAP Reference[19][20].

http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=A'PEXi_PowerFC_(deleted_20_Apr_2008_at_01:52)#LOAD

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Nevermind, I just realized there is a target a/f ratio function integrated in the datalogit software. I think I'll just need to calibrate the air mass flow numbers to match actual a/f ratio to the target a/f.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
PowerFC seems like a long time ago, I had Boosted 2.0 tune mine.
I actually have a Datalogit in trunk of my car...
I think I still have the disc for it also.
Who wants it? I'll let it go cheap since i do not have car or PowerFC any more.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
the OP is no longer active and the links have been removed from the external host so you will not be able to retrieve them. I suggest referencing an RX7 fc website. they are very active in PFC as well

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am tuning my 1zz with the PFC. i have some lean rich issues at waming up with low load between 800 and 2400 rpm.

it looks like every time i shut down the engine, and later on i start the engine is react different. Or its more rich than the last session or more lean.

SO i want to use the O2 feedback (i had it off all the time) for more safety, but when i switch is on, first its ok, but when i start to drive the engine is shaking. If i stop it keeps shaking at idle. If i switch the O2 feedback of the shaking is gone.
Is there an explonation for this behavior?

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,084 Posts
You'll need to adjust the correction factors in the top left corner of settings tab 2 - when the coolant level is cold, the correction factor will amend the fuelling until the next temperature breakpoint.

I'm not familiar with O2 feedback - I don't use it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes i know. Whats your values ? Jesse said the defaults are way to rich. I use Jesse his value And Have already make them a little richer, maybe not enough.

And the spreadsheet ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Can anyone re-upload the spreadsheet? The link in this sticky doesn't work anymore, and i'm stuck with the tuning my PFC without this file.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Baas,

If you have all the INJ values at 1.000 O2 Feedback will not work properly, can be the cause.

At the correction values for temperature one very important thing is to have the the right values allways higher then the ones to left.

1.000 1.030
1.030 1.040
1.040 1.060

for the first tree (most important) this values work great for me.

sheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
2005 Corolla XRS
DDPerformance Race Manifold
Apexi Power FC
NGK laser Iridium Plugs
Knife Edged and Lightened Crank MWR
Flat Faced Valves MWR
10k RPM Springs MWR
Stage 3 Cams MWR