NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to consolidate VVT tuning threads for the Power FC into a single thread. This sticky primarily serves to point users to the threads covering the two methods. Below are two briefs of the two methods and links to each.

The first method is written by DYI01 and involves using a dyno to measure power at different VVT settings. Dyno plots are overlaid and the VVT map is picked based on what setting makes the most power at a certain rpm.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187685

The second method is written by Torqued and involves logging mass airflow sensor voltage at different VVT settings. The general idea is that the more power you're making, the greater the airflow (and thus the MAFS voltage) will be. Basically this is an indirect dyno method, very similar to DYI01's method.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223051

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Taking into consideration that the max and minimum advances you can do are 0 and 50, are there any limits that you need to consider when tuning the VVT? I wouldn't want to retard the cam too much in the wrong spot and blow the engine.

Secondly, can anyone share some general target settings? i.e. around what #'s your hitting just before and after lift, and during part throttle cruise.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Thank you Very much :)

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Secondly, can anyone share some general target settings? i.e. around what #'s your hitting just before and after lift, and during part throttle cruise.
Read the Toyota VVT technical paper. It explains general settings. The biggest thing to watch for before and after lift is try to minimize the difference in your pre and post lift settings. The bigger the change, the more bogging you will get. When we tuned the prototype Boosted IM, we followed the exact same procedure described in this thread. I will tell you that the VVT settings around lift on most of the common maps floating around like the MWR maps are nothing like what we ended up with. All those maps tend to bog horribly at lift because they use values of like 45 pre and 0 post lift.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Alright, Thanks Jesse. I don't feel like paying a million dollars to get this tuned via the dyno when i'm still just N/A. Hopefully i'll be able to use my ET's at the track combined with my MAFv to come to an accurate conclusion.

·
Registered
291 Posts
What is the possibility to check the actual angle of VVT cam?
Using datalogit, which column shows that?

I am asking because I want to make sure that VVT sprocket is unlocked after cams upgrade.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
:hi:

Hi
I heve Toyota cdelica 1zz fe ,,year 2000 , the engni is NA ,end i hev 1 question ,,,,,,,the ANTI-LAG ,,I changed the map setting to p0 ,, to 0" there is no problema ,,help me thanks

ING N1 N2 N3 N4 N5 N6 N7 N8 N9 ....................................
L01 24 24 25 30 33 .................................................. ........
L02 24 24 25 30 33................................................ ...........
L03 23 24 25 30 33................................................ ..............
L04
END I ,I changed the map setting to p0 ,, to 0" there is no problema
ING N1 N2 N3 N4 N5 N6 N7 N8 N9 ....................................
L01 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .................................................
L02 24 24 25 30 33................................................ .................
L03 23 24 25 30 33................................................ ................
L04............................................... .................................................. .
Merry Christmas REGARDS
tzr is online now Report Post

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Hello, are you still with Celica? And has more power or only makes noise.
By the way portuguese, in the circuit of ascari round malaga often come many Portuguese, last year came 2 slings s2000 and a civic with the b16, honda b16 walked a lot and sounded like a delight, only had the complete exhaust line and a Admission direct (filter) amazing as the slings run.

The Celicas only make noise but no noise,No more to do with this car tell me it's a girls car and I want it to run
So you didn't know how to tune your car. That is not the car's fault.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts