NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting in an LCD screen but it's not going to be an official brand or anything, it will actually be an LCD screen taken from a portable dvd player. I'm going to put this in my car and I want to know if there's to turn this on with the car? I don't want it on when the car is not and draining the batteries, so how do I hook this up?

also, i don't know if it's 12v yet so i may also need another power thingy

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
there's to turn this on with the car?
check what power the portable dvd player used. Usually stated on the power adapter. I believe u can just hook up the postive to the same power cable the radio use, if not maybe the ignition cable.. just some guesses. correct me if i'm wrong. Y did u choose a portable dvd player lcd screen?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm buying the portable dvd player for only 25$... so yeah... pretty damn cheap. just gotta figure out a way to use the screen without the unit

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm thinking it doesn't. most likely the power switch is on the base of the unit... does that mean that just powering the screen will turn it on?... and if thats the case, i think i'm definitely going to need to the right voltage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.