NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Poor car. but I wouldn't buy her a high performance car. I'd buy her the a some thing big. If she gets herself into a accident She'll be the least likely to have fatal injuries.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Why would you buy her something big?? That doesn't necessarily mean she is safe..And with something big if she doesn't know how to drive the small it aint going to help her if she is driving a schoolbus. She is more likely to get in accidents cause she can't drive the big excursion or whatever. Not to mention she would be adding to a stereotyp about soccermoms...

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
F22-Raptor said:
Why would you buy her something big?? That doesn't necessarily mean she is safe..And with something big if she doesn't know how to drive the small it aint going to help her if she is driving a schoolbus. She is more likely to get in accidents cause she can't drive the big excursion or whatever. Not to mention she would be adding to a stereotyp about soccermoms...
Da*n the stereotypes as long as she is safe. And with more and more SuV coming out I rather her in a Suburban (which isn't that much longer than a Aurora) or a Trailblazer than a metro or a miata.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
There are a few exceptions........ My mother can handle a car when she wants to. We went to a Caddy test drive and she whipped the 540i, STS, C36 (I think), and the Lexus Ls400 around the road corse so fast the executives wanted to use her as their stunt driver.

·
Registered
474 Posts
buckeye23 said:
Women drivers = no survivors....
:rofl: I always say that.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I agree Buckeye. Yes I agree I would rather have her in a Suburban than a metro but I would rather have her in none of those. I would rather put her in a corolla or a matrix or she can have my WRX when the STi comes out :)

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
You would put your wife in the rex? That corolla isn't going to fair well went it gets smacked by a Expedition or a mac truck. Then again what would..

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Yeah I would put my wife in the WRX. And the corolla is very good when it comes to crashes against larger vehicles. I am a personal testament to that...as long as the stinkin SUV didn't have 35 inch swampers on it and go over the Corolla. I think SUVs like that should be banned.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
You had a accident with a caprice. Basically bumper on bumper. If a car can't protect its passengers in a crash like that (save ungodly speed differences) it doesn't need to be on the road.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
buckeye23 said:
Women need old school humvees...that way when they wreck, they'll come out ok and the bumper will only be scratched. :D
I sat in a H2 last Friday. If A women get into a accident she won't realize she is sit on top of the car she hit until she goes to get out of that beast.

I like the interior of that Truck though. One mean mofo.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
No just out of it intended element on the suburbia streets. It is made for the work day commute unless your job is the safari

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Excactly. If you are on a safari or in the Tundra then it is great but it should not be driving down two lane roads in suburbia america.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Then get a pickup like the Tundra. you will still be able to go anywhere and more since you can do it a lot more economically. Better Mileage better looks IMHO and toyota reliability.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts