NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get sponsered? I have NO idea how to go about doing this.. tips? suggestions?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Invest atleast $5,000 into your car, attend shows, and wait. Incase you haven't noticed, it doesn't come easy.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Its gonna take about 3 times that amount to get enough mods to make your car stand out enough to get a sponsor's attention.

·
Registered
773 Posts
It seems like getting sponsored is one of those things that, if you have to ask, it's not going to happen. Like, if you have to ask how much something costs, you can't afford it.

I'd say, who cares? The money you spend to get the recognition is outrageous and there's guarentee anyone will notice. Do what you want because you want to do it and maybe you'll get lucky.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
It's pretty hard, Anna...alot of people are just looking for handouts...so most companies really want a sense of purpose from their sponsorees....and it takes quite a bit of work already done to your car to show them you mean business.

But I believe if you work at it hard enough...and have a beautiful, clean car to start from, such as the Celica...you can make it if you try hard enough.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, ****. I'm not stupid, I know it's not easy guys. :) By mid march-early april I will have about $7-8000 invested in my car...both in apperance and engine mods and I am just looking for tips on how to get myself out there for ANY kind of sponsership.

The problem I see is that the money invested in my car is not all in one area. I could have spent all my money on making my car look really really good with custom conversions and such, however, I like to race and so most of what I have is going to be under the hood. And with the stuff under the hood I can't place in car shows because basically all I have is a body kit, rims, audio equipt and some other small stuff.

So, I guess what I'm looking for is sponsership in recognition for what I do on the track (or will do), and I don't know how to go about it...

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
You also gotta write companys essays on why your car should deserve to be sponserd. A friend of mine had to write one to TRD and she got it! Another got it by writting to AEM!

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Hmm..

Well..damn Anna...if that's the case..I think you've got a good point already. Being able to show them that you're not all talk is a good thing, I'd think.

Tell them that you're already hitting the track...and into the scene...that should at least give them the hint that you're serious.

Alot of these foos have these 300-400hp show cars, and the damn car never hits the track (XS Celica anyone?)....it's a waste if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
i would say go to alot of shows, show off your car, ask them about sponsor ship. Most companies obviously as you iknow don't just want to give away mods but instead someone who will represent their stuff. I'm sure you've seen alot of stuff. I don't think there is any set formula but your a smart girl and will figure ito ut.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I would say this isn't exactly right. I was offered a full sponsorship from a bodyshop because I:

1. Know the owner
2. Talk to him alot, and refer business to him
3. He wanted to do a Celica

All I would have to pay for was materials, no labor. This guy was offering tons of custom bodywork, lambo doors...the works.

I turned it down becuase my car is for me, not for him. It would have been his choice in colors (he wanted it Diablo pearl orange), he would have completely changed my bodykit, and done alot of other stuff that is not in good taste IMO. Plus my car would have been in his shop all the time, and I would have been required to attend any show he wanted me at, with my car in perfect condition/cleanliness. Basically I would have been his bitch.

Sponsorship is NOT worth it IMO. If you talk to people who are really into showing cars, you need to get pretty wild to get noticed at a show. Pretty soon the car is a monstrosity, not a sports car. Unless your whole life revolves around your car and car shows, it isn't worth it. A "cleanly" modified car will win nothing. You will be wasting your time. Modify your car for yourself, or at least for praise from real people, not car show judges.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, thanks for all the advice guys, I do appreciate it.. I guess I'm more looking into being sponsered for racing, not for a flashy show car... anyway, I do know some shop owners that might be willing to help me out, I'll start there and see.... but I guess it's not a big deal, I'm just out to have fun and race my car.. I guess it doesn't matter if people want to recognize me or not, I'm doing it all for me and for the fun it brings me ;) Besides, I still got a "slowica" :chuckles: Even though it won't be so slow in a few weeks.. :)

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
put yourself in their position and give them a reason to sponsor you...

what do you have/can you do, why/how would they benefit from sponsoring you?

answer those questions in a positive way and you're on your road to sponsorship...

·
Registered
675 Posts
first of all you need to have something pretty unique done to your car. This gives a company seeking sponsership candidates an idea that you are willing to work and get there name out and represent them, not just in it for free stuff... usally it takes a car almost near completion to get a sponsership. for example my friend Johns Veilside MR2 Spyder (featured in Nopi Magazine this month) it took him building the car all the way untill we went to HIN chicago and then was approached by Meguiers, Toyo, Valvoline, ACT etc... you get the idea.. pretty much have to put some effort into soemthing to show how serious you are and also its how you present yourself and good PR always helps as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts