Registered
325 Posts
nice write up with good pics too.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! :gap:

This will not affect your factory alarm, since none of the alarm wires are tempered with.
You will be required to put your key into the 'key module' and set it into ignition mode to be able to start the car.

If you would connect the Ignited wiring to another 12 volt source AND not use the key at all, it would have the problem that the alarm requires the key to be near the steering wheel column. Also, steering wheel is locked anyway when taking the key out.

Just like other cars with start button, you will have to show some kind of identification with a card or key before you can use the button.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm definitely going to do this.

Now if you could tell how to wire up a turbo timer w/ a factory alarm that'd be awesome...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, if only I knew....
I can't lock my car when the engine is still running. I'm forced to lock the doors by key and not by remote :(

Turbo timer wouldn't really be hard after this. You know where ignition wires are. I did a write-up on the Apexi turbo timer as well. But didn't add it to nc.org.
My personal experience, APexi electronics are not good quality. I changed over to Greddy and must say i'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That sucks..

I have an apexi turbo timer sitting around that i've been meaning to install, but i've been reluctant due to the door locking problem. I didn't realize they were poor quality, i stuck with them b/c i liked the quality of my power fc.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, my Apexi turbo timer was burned from the inside and some channels on the bord were destroyed. I had to solder it myself to get it to work again. That's why I dislike the quality of the turbo timer.

Installing is easy though.

Wouldn't really require much more if you are installing the ignited kit.

Here's a write-up I wrote:

http://home.zonnet.nl/jongbinghu/turbotimer/turbotimer.html

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Those button switches are nice. If I want to use one for something else do you think it is possible to get the text off of them without ruining the button?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts