NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting annoying lately by the excessive shift boot I have from using my TRD short shifter. It's just all flubberish right now and I cannot stand it anymore.... so I either had 2 solutions:

Buy a new shorter shifboot and get this custom fit

or

Be a cheap arse and try to do it myself.

As some of you know, i've started my ramen noodles diet for more Celica dinkey toys :ugh:

Here we go:

Step 1.

Take off the dash part by pulling the plastic up. Best place to pull up is at window switches or above that where the shift boot is located.

Step 2.

Pull the leather shift boot from the inside out.

Step 3.

Get the metal ring off that holds the chrome shifter thing. Not sure what's it called.

Step 4.

Try to keep the metal ring as round as possible. You will need to put the boot back on the shift thing. Try pinching it back so it will clamp the leather better later.

Step 5.

This is the chrome shift thing. No clue what's it called heh.

Step 6.

Put the chrome shift thing in place where you want the ring to clamp it. As you can see on the picture, it used to be like 1 or 2 inch longer now.

Step 7.

Pull the shift boot in position again and you should be noticing that it's shorter now. If you positioned the chrome thing to become very low and have minimum leather, then you will experience excessive leather around the chrome shift thing. Shorten it if it disturbs you.

That's it, thought it might be useful for you guys :gap:

Bing

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok hold on, will take some 'Before' and 'After' pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts