NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, guys... i tried looking for one for a while but gave up because I haven't seen any pictured one. Bumped into a thread today and got more info, so I went experimenting myself.

Step 1.

Take off the shift part out by turning off shift knob. Then just pull the plastic cover upwards. Best place to pull is at the window switches.

Step 2.

Take off the power wire for powering up the lighter. Shown in next picture.

Step 3.

Turn this ring off like a screw, that's holding the cig. lighter module firm and tight against the plastic dash.

Step 4.

Take the cap off that surrounds the cig. lighter module.

Now you will have this left:

Step 5.

Pull the cig lighter module from the other side out.

And there we go... we've removed the cig. lighter from our dash.

Hope this was useful for you guys. I ordered the Ignited Push Engine kit and will install mine soon. Will do a writeup on that too, you will be needing this to get it to fit nicely.

Bing

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
I installed the ignited button there a couple years ago. It should pop right in there with no mod required to the hole. You can also tap into the cig lighter wire harness for power.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Can't wait for the install on the push button. How much did that run you? (if you don't mind me asking :) )

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ehhh? Sorry, i'm european? If you mean "how much did I pay for mine"? $60 through ebay.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Whas the install like with a push-button starter? Whas a good brand out there?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've did some research about the Ignited brand. As far as I know is that there are only 2 brands.

1 brand that make the S2000 start engine button and the other is Ignited.

I've ordered the Ignited Push Start illuminated kit. Will write write-up as soon as I get the thing and make pictures of installation. Shouldn't be very hard since i've worked on my car's electronics and ignition wires for my turbo timer already.

Bing

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by GTSnut
That black ring around the the hole pops off as well ;)
I know hehe. Was just showing how to take off the cig. lighter. lol

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I think I had to leave the black ring in there for the Ignited button to fit snugly. It also makes it cleaner looking.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Bing said:
I've did some research about the Ignited brand. As far as I know is that there are only 2 brands.

1 brand that make the S2000 start engine button and the other is Ignited.

I've ordered the Ignited Push Start illuminated kit. Will write write-up as soon as I get the thing and make pictures of installation. Shouldn't be very hard since i've worked on my car's electronics and ignition wires for my turbo timer already.

Bing
My next mod most def. since reading this post.

Thanx Bing

·
Registered
113 Posts
Took me about 45 minutes to install mine...and I had no clue what I was doing. It's worked great for well over a year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
any change to put the pictures back?
I need to remove the cigarette plug from the old dashboard onto another.
I can't seem to remove it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts