NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats ^ everybody! Finally got my hotshot header installed today! The gains are definitely noticeable. You can definitely feel the difference better than an intake or exhaust! Redlining every gear has just become way to easy now. The gain is GREAT, i'm definitely a believer now. But there might be a possible problem, well i know its supposed to sound different when you turn the car on or when driving. It is making this gargely sound when i step on the gas *sounds like a big hole in a muffler*. I paid to get it "professionally" installed so everything should be good. Has anyone heard this sound. Is this normal since its brand new stainless steel pipes? Will the sound go away very very soon? Any input is appreciated.Thanx guys

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
the header was my favorite mod too. :) I get a little gargel when I go to wot but, it isn't terrebly loud, and I think it's normal. It's probably louder though on yours since you have a louder exhaust than me.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Did HotShort make a header for GTS?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It cost me $100 at a local shop. It took them about an hour and a half. I tried to do it myself but i didn't wanna spend 4-5 hours doing it! I didn't wanna take out the engine cradle and all that.

·
Registered
884 Posts
icic...

1. That sounds like a good price!!
2. WHOA, I didn't know it was that much work... (4-5 hours)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Are you sure you have to mess with the cradle? I've also heard that it can come out the top. When I get mine I will do it myself. I wish someone has, so they could post what they had to do.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Yeah, I am thinking of doing mine myself when I get it in the spring... I believe there is an install guide for the AMSS header (same procedure) in the installs section.....

I sure hope it isnt too difficult

·
Registered
936 Posts
There is no need to mess with the engine cradle. When I installed mine, I removed the midpipe and pushed it off the hangers. After that the heatshields can be removed, and the exhaust manifold can be pulled out the bottom. Im not sure if it can be pulled out the top. After that I dropped the HS header in from the top, and put everything back together. Took me about 3 hours.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Took me and my friend who ownz a shop 5 hours to install the damn thing. Biggest pain in the ass install I've ever seen. But yeah, mine gargles a little. I do suspect a little leak at the downpipe area. The gasket that Hotshot supplied was crap IMO. But the gains in the higher rpm's are noticeable. I lost a little low end though. Nothing an S-AFC can't fix....temporarily.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going back to the shop sometime this weak cause there is definitely something wrong with mines (headers). I hope that its just an exhuast leak cause my gargle is EXTREMELY loud. I know that it is not a normal sound for a header. Hopefully they fix my promblem. Other than that, the header is wonderful!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was told that the reason my car is making so much noise is because of the oem head gasket. Are there any aftermarket gaskets out there for a gt? They told me to replace my oem head gasket with a new oem head gasket and that will solve the problem. I SURE hope this works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GREAT!!! Thanx. I'm glad that was a positive reply. I can be at peace now!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts