NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I also lift from the pinch using a long board to spread the load, no damage to the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the diagram where it says blue for jacking points I become a little confused. If you look under the car there is a bolt right there and I cant imagine that's where all the weight should be when lifting the car? Also could I just use the axle stand points on the diagram as the jacking points? I use tree stumps as my axle stands to which I place right beside the scissor jack points on the sides. I just got a hydraulic jack and I have never used one before. Maybe if I could get some more idea's on where its safe to place the hydraulic jack would be extremely helpful as well!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

(not as bad as mine, but still... )

·
Hero
483 Posts
Well, since he resurrected the old ass forum I mine as well add in my two cents.

I jack my car up all the time, Rotating tires, spraying my brake calipers red, spraying my wheels back, replacing my wheel well liner, etc.

And I will say that the front jacking point is VERY safe, my best advice would be just to make sure you are centered on that little hood looking thing, It's very secure, that "hook" is what a towing company would hook their chains to pull you on the ramp...

As for the back jacking point, I know it looks scetchy being the thing that holds up your rear wheels, but it is SUPER strong, I've had a hydraulic jack under it for over 5 hours and my car runs and feels secure as hell!

No problems with it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.