NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI: Our development of a complete billet aluminum valve cover has been suspended indefinately. We were working with a new shop but due to recent events with other projects we elected to suspend this project. We have found out over the weekend that we have been left high and dry with our 2pt rear strut bars. So we must move the design over to our main supplier for the prototype and production. This information has been communicated on the hypermotive.net website. As well as the preorder customers. We still expect to get these products out asap. But it may be an extra week or two over what we expected since we were presuming to pick our prototype over the weekend. This will also be delaying our front lower arm bar, and spark plug cover release. This will not affect our front engine mount project($75-$100) or 3pt rear bars($150) that we expect to be ready for the middle of this spring.

Also our main shop informed us that the front bar group buy will be ready this week for pickup. So after a day or two of polishing we will be shipping(Sat or Mon). This group buy will end as soon as we pick up our order fron the shop. So if you want a free tiedown with your front bar get it now. We do not offer free tie downs with regular purchases!

I will also be calling our main supplier tomorrow on times we can expect the prototype and first order of 2pt rears. I will put this at the top of our order list for this shop.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will be picking up the front bar parts tomorrow. But polish shop said it won't be till about tuesday till they are 100% finished.
We are going to be buying our own 2hp polishing setup ourselves so we can eliminate this bottleneck. We have a 1/3 horsepower polish setup right now but it takes an hour and a half to polish one bar and a tie down which is way to long. 2hp will get it done in about 20 minutes.

2pt rear bars will be started on next week after wednesday. No finish date but the programming and jig prep starts then. So let keep our fingers crossed that he can squeeze these in.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Put some stickers on that polishing setup to up the horsepower and you'll be whipping em out real fast.

Ok, was that a bad joke?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Jason, your first post up top says the 3-point rear bars are gonna be $150. Is that correct? If so, why are they the same price as the 2-point?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hey man I love the front STB I got from you,can I get the 3pt rear now and have you powder caot it the same as the front for me?Thank's ~Bradley

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason the 3pt rear costs the same is because it's a chrome moly setup I sold this design about a year and a half ago. The Billet aluminum setup is lighter and has alot better quality to it. It costs the same to produce as the 2pt rear billet aluminum bar.

Put some stickers on that polishing setup to up the horsepower and you'll be whipping em out real fast.
I'm about to resort to using my size 12 boot up somebodies AZZ!!! LOL

This whole fiasco had me to to the point I almost got sick. I was so upset. If I could make these guys work night and day to get them sooner I would do it in a heart beat. I got a hell of an order in with them. I guess it's time to drink a beer while I wait for my polisher to come in so I can polish these myself in an evening. I'm going for the professional setup so I don't have to spend endless hours with rouge on my face while I pound these parts out. This will save me alot of time waiting on the polish shop. Our main shop just purchased a verticle HAAS CNC so they can turn the parts around for us faster since they have been so busy. The time factor right now is they are converting thier horizontal jigs to use with the verticle CNC. Won't be long now.

I also got them working on the spark plug cover and front lower arm bar setup which will hopefully debute before May.

I also have an order for the brand new HyperMotive Performance Group Tee Shirts and Hats! The hats will be available to ship next week and the tee shirts by the end of the month. Check out www.hypermotive.net to see the design. Thanks to Bo for coming up with the Kick AZZ design!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shirt Design! Check this piece out guys!!!

OFF DA HOOK!!!

These will be in stock at the end of the month. For sale now! www.hypermotive.net It's gonna look even better on on the back of the shirts @ 12x14. My monitor doesn't even show all the detail in this.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
:thumbup: to the shirt!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't been able to stop staring at the design since Bo sent it to me yesterday morning. I'm about to get the shipping tape out and tape the picture onto one of my hanes shirts.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Check the website news section on www.hypermotive.net. We are hoping to start cutting the rear 2pt this week. Front bar group buy has shipped, and we have plenty of front bars and tie downs in stock, and I have loaded a 3D file of the rear 2pt center bar for everyone to checkout. Won't be long for these things to ship either. Just be sure to read the news section...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts