NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know that the HyperMotive Celica was destroyed in a crash on 8/20. In which I wasn't paying attention(BSing with a friend), lost control, slammed into a guard rail at 65mph, slide UNDER the guard rail, and dropped into a 7-8ft ditch with a stream running through it.

I did want to let you know some interesting stuff about our bars and suspension components. The drop into the ditch compressed and broke the vertibrate in my back and why I am laid out until Oct.

The car was inspected last week and again today. None of the HyperMotive parts on the car were damaged in any way. Which I thought was really impressive. The adjustable swaybar endlinks were not damaged at all. Which I thought would be snapped from the impact from that huge of a drop. The OZ wheels, Tien susp, and many stock pieces were bent or busted. The rear beam that holds the magority of the suspension was bent from the drop. (Same piece that the rear lower arm bar is attached too.) I figured the bar would be broken as well. But after removing and inspecting it there is no bends or stress fractures anywhere. Actually other than the dirt and water marks from sitting in a stream it looks exactly like it did when I put it on.

Front strut bar was slightly scratched from the hood being ripped off the car, but everything looks 100%. I was expecting to see some bends and folding as the roof of the car was caved in and the doors had to be kicked out in order for us to escape from the vehicle, which I would expect to find some structural damage. Plus the slight nose dive as well. The rear bar still looks as good as new also.

But the end links and rear lower bar really impressed me that they held up from a crash like that. It goes to prove that I will "break my back" to prove these parts are the best. ;)

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a shame. I only had 5 more payments on the car too. Oh well time to look for something with a turbo.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
very sorry to hear about the crash, this is the first i've heard of it.

Hopefully everything works out for you

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Ouch!

I hope you heal well and fast! Sorry to hear about your car :(

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hope you get better soon. That sucks to here about I saw your Celica at the car show here in Hanover in June and thats how i found out about this web site.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Man, that stinks. I hope you get well soon! Celica's are cheap are cheap and easy to buy, the human body isn't! Glad to hear you're doing better.

Good Luck with everything....

·
Registered
755 Posts
Screw the Hypermotive parts, how did the headlights do?

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Just wondering..
Few of the car parts are design to bend to absorb the shock...
Especially hood has a little notch to bend....
Isn't it better to bend to absorb much of the shock as possible...

I'm not sure how much they design on daily driven part,,,
But in racing vehicles are design to bend break apart left and right to absob much of the shocks....

NOt sure if it is good thing or bad thing.. if you think the way I've just wrote.....

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Originally posted by racinjason
It goes to prove that I will "break my back" to prove these parts are the best. ;)

:rofl: :thumbup: get well soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts