NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
i have the 3pt rear strut bar, its super beefy, and very solid...

·
Registered
285 Posts
MicaCeli said:
everything is realy nice, except for the endlinks.
I have the endlinks and I'm just curious why you said that other than those endlinks look like hardware parts that no one is ever going to see unless looking for them and who cares even then. They are 100X better than stock and way beefier than any endlinks I ever got with my coilovers. I do have 1 complaint that they don't include a rubber boot to protect the joint from debris and damage. That's an added extra cost that I bypassed just adding some super thick condoms and some thumb rubbers to them. Should last the year and no one will notice.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by hephaestus
I have the endlinks and I'm just curious why you said that other than those endlinks look like hardware parts that no one is ever going to see unless looking for them and who cares even then. They are 100X better than stock and way beefier than any endlinks I ever got with my coilovers. I do have 1 complaint that they don't include a rubber boot to protect the joint from debris and damage. That's an added extra cost that I bypassed just adding some super thick condoms and some thumb rubbers to them. Should last the year and no one will notice.
Well my GF had one of the 1st sets and the bolts were too long and the nuts would not stay on so they would get loose really quick. I had to basicaly replace the nuts with lock-nuts, get shorter bolts, and get a ton of washers and they still made noise :(
I bought a set of the new ones from him Front/Rear and again one of the front ones fell off (I put them on with an impact just to make sure) The rear ones are fine on mine. I have TRD bars so that could be why they worked ok. G/F has the Hotckis and for some reason they just kept falling apart.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
When we first sold the end links, waaay back, we did use bolts that were too long which had no bearing on performance or usability. But those bolt lenghts were used on the first 10 sets maybe. But bolt lenght should not cause a nut to loosen. We also changed rodend manufacturers to correct an installation problem that customers would have to a rod end that could be installed in either direction.

I had tested the endlinks on both stock and aftermarket sway bars for over two years and did not have a single problem. We had never been contacted by anyone other than Micacelica about the nuts coming loose. But this is always going to be expected. You will be very hard pressed to find any product that works for everyone. But we do everything we can to help those few with a problem to get it corrected for them. As we know it's not if you have customers with problems, but what you do to help them when they do.

With the rodend covers we did not want to add in an additional $16 in cost that is not needed for many customers. No other aftermarket endlink manufacture that uses racing style rod ends offers these products to any capacity. These pieces are sold to the customer at "cost" when required. Kieth and I believe that it was better left up to the user to decide if they want the extra protection than force it on them and up the cost across the board.

We consider ourselves a low volume, high quality type of business. That said, I am never satisfied with our position as we learn more and improve our parts. we now are moving almost all of our parts to a high quality tumble finish on all billet products that is now to the point that it looks like it was chromed or hand polished but the finish is beat into the surface which creates a longer lasting, more constistant and more durable shine. And at a slightly cheaper cost than chrome dipping and hand polishing.

·
Registered
419 Posts
hey racin will there be a links + plates gb anytime soon? i was told the front hyper strut bends by couple of people from this forum. before the install i stepped and jumped on them with no problem. also i hate the 3 pt rear bar. better qual. for sure then the trd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts