NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car has been sitting for oh NINE YEARS MAYBE. Burned out the bearings on the turbo. Ended up buying a new turbo, oh maybe 4 years ago. Getting it fixed was always on the The Do list, it’s just that there were always things ahead of it on the list.

Finally had some extra money to get it back in the road. Dragged her out of the garage.

First had to dig it out of the garage.

Got the garage all cleaned out so I could get at it.

Now I can actually get into the car

Next got it registered again, and replaced the battery.

It’s alive!!!!

Sort of.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next I pushed it out and had it towed down to the garage.

Kitty prints from my cats lol.

Now it’s in the garage, work being done.
Drain the gas tank
New spark plugs
Oil change
Coolant change
Replace turbo
Install front hotchkis sway bar

The housing on the turbo was wrong. The new ones has flanges so I had to order adaptors, that just arrived today.

The mechanic is busy so I’ll get the parts to him and it should be done by next wed!!

Pretty stoked!!

Obviously the first stop will be the car wash ;)

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,258 Posts
Great!! and great car. i am still taking mine for a ride every other weekend....

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Great work! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My mission this weekend is to install a new head unit to replace the stock stereo along with a backup camera, and get the engine bay all nice and clean again. Back to this...

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well she was only boosting at 4psi. The adaptors for the flange, one was wrong. So we used the old housing on the new turbo. Problem was for whatever reason the wastegate arm was either a bit linger or a bit shorter now. So that led to the 4psi. Ended up built an AEM boost controller. Prices ranged from a $40 Chinese knockoff boost controller to the $400 AEM, complete with new gauge, solenoid etc etc.

Had it installed today. I’m a happy camper now. And now tonight I’m installing new LED foglights because of course one of mine died. Lol

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats just the way it is.

good thing it was garaged the whole time though and didnt take any mother nature beating.
No doubt hey. She got a little dusty but other than that she was out of the elements. Safe n sound. I do sound for bands on the side and play in a band, so I’m pretty busy most weekends. I just had a buncha tile work done at my house so I’m currently putting the place back together. Maybe next weekend I’ll be able to get the lights installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts