NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon ladies and gents.
Please help me.
I have Lillian, a very stubborn 03 GTS. I think I shall call her villain. SMH.
My car decided to blow the #1 spark plug. It was literally melted. Had to replace coil, re-thread the hole and what not.
My dear Car Lillian will not start now. She will turn over forever no start.
So I am thinking it's the security or either the POS MFs who towed my car. I think she thinks she's been wrecked. Please help! ,馃槩馃槩馃槶馃槶馃槶

Electromagnetic Wave :-h
Check the EFI fuses.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ty hon. I did. I have been through every fuse even bought new ones online of course because no one seemed to carry them including the dealer. I have replaced them all. Expensive lil boogers. I have tore up my carpet looking for the fuel pump reset. I see nothing ,馃槶

Electromagnetic Wave :-h
There is no reset. Pump is controlled by the C/OPN relay. Time for a voltmeter or test lamp to see what is or isn't getting power. Fyi, security systems usually lock out the starter, not fuel.

Registered
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS & XR Honda Lawnmower
If someone "towed" the car I assume they probably attempted to jump start it first. If they hooked up a big truck to your electrical system while it was running that could easily short something out. If it was jumped this way by an insured tow company and you have an invoice to prove it you may have grounds to be reimbursed for repairs.
If you pull the coils and plugs and stick the spark plugs in the coils you can test for spark by watching the plugs while cranking without a multimeter. You can test for fuel by smelling the empty spark plug holes after cranking, they should smell like gas. Do these tests outdoors to avoid ignition of the fuel vapors. If that all checks out you should probably do a compression test to ensure there is enough compression to fire given the damage you described. If your compression is even then you might try swapping in a good known ECU and see if that repairs it. There is also a 100amp master fuse on the fuse block that may have blown if there was a short circuit, but it sounds like you didn't blow it b/c it still cranks. I hope you figure it out electrical problems are truly the worst.

Registered
If the car was towed they wouldnt jump it. And a "big truck" wouldnt have anything to do with it unless it was hooked bavkwards but you would notice a spark and a bang pretty fast.

U can jump a car off a semi. 12v is 12v.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS & XR Honda Lawnmower
If the car was towed they wouldnt jump it. And a "big truck" wouldnt have anything to do with it unless it was hooked bavkwards but you would notice a spark and a bang pretty fast.

U can jump a car off a semi. 12v is 12v.
Hey are you the OP? No? Then maybe don't answer for the OP. I'm trying to provide suggestions and ideas based off of the facts provided to help repair a vehicle not get into a symantic conversation with a person who uses "U" as pronoun.
Maybe you have some advice, but it doesn't seem like it since you are spending your time trying to convince me that a running truck's electrical system "can't" short out a passenger vehicle if attached. When you have operating a tow truck for 10+ years come tell me how that theroy works out for you and your dispatch. Proper tow drivers only use dedicated jump packs specifically to avoid this issue because althought truck systems are 12v they are much higher amperage and can melt circuits if a surge occurs. Go ahead call any tow company and ask. Be sure to tell them "mxaustion" from the internet knows better than them they will love that.

Registered
Hey are you the OP? No? Then maybe don't answer for the OP. I'm trying to provide suggestions and ideas based off of the facts provided to help repair a vehicle not get into a symantic conversation with a person who uses "U" as pronoun.
Maybe you have some advice, but it doesn't seem like it since you are spending your time trying to convince me that a running truck's electrical system "can't" short out a passenger vehicle if attached. When you have operating a tow truck for 10+ years come tell me how that theroy works out for you and your dispatch. Proper tow drivers only use dedicated jump packs specifically to avoid this issue because althought truck systems are 12v they are much higher amperage and can melt circuits if a surge occurs. Go ahead call any tow company and ask. Be sure to tell them "mxaustion" from the internet knows better than them they will love that.
Its not a therory, iv worked in the auto industry for over 10 years and am currently working in the HD semi industry for the last 4 years. I dont need some youtube DIY'er telling me what they use, people who operate tow trucks are NOT mechanics and should NOT be treated as such. So dont attempt to patronize me it will not end well.

A jumper pack is a jumper pack, alot of portable semi packs run off 24v not 12v because a semi starter CAN use 24v for a short amount of time. That said a 12v jumper pack for a semi CAN be used on a car. As a matter of fact iv done it a few times with my little honda fit when i forgot to turn the lights off.

And if by surge mean u idiots who hook it backwards or leave it hooked up on start trying to start a car for 20 mins then then yes that can mess and burn stuff up. If i put 3000cca worth of batterys to a car in 12v believe it or not... the car wont burn down. If i put 4 12v batterys in series then yea shit will burn down (aka 48v)

If ur maxing an 6 guage wire with a butt load of amps for 20 mins its gona get hot and yes burn up wires and or blow fuses due to shorting out. A mechanic will not do this.

If their towing an auto at most they will do is supply voltage to get it into neutral if it doesnt have a key shift release, if it standard put the key in the wheel to unlock the columm. Theyre not going to waste the time, their gona hook an go because time is money.

I had a older civic i put 2 AGM semi batterys in the trunk wired up with 00 guage wire all the way to the starter because it was -15 out an my little honda battery wouldnt start it causing me to be late for work, once.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Bruh, you're on a forum for enthusiasts of this specific car, and you're getting uppity because somebody (correctly) pointed out your error? That's a very quick way to be disliked here. I also don't know why you would focus on the car being jumped/towed and not the absolute mess of wiring shown in the picture OP posted. You realize there's lots of reasons a car might not start right? It could very well be that getting a jump has nothing to do with the issue and instead the car was just poorly maintained and blew up internally. OP did say that spark plug #1 melted and had to be rethreaded, so clearly something was wrong BEFORE the tow truck ever came in to the picture. There's no way in hell that getting a jump is going to cause a spark plug to melt, something MAJOR is wrong with how things are wired and OP needs to figure out that mess in their car before anything can be properly diagnosed. For the record, I was towed just the other day and they didn't even suggest trying to jump it, which is smart for liability reasons. You also spelled mxaustin wrong btw, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts