NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, I got my car back last Friday. Well, yesterday I took it out to my girlfriend's to wash it/vacuum/clean etc. Let me preface by saying this was on the LOOOOOOONG straightaway as 495 approaches 395 and 95 around springfield, with 4 wide open lanes of no traffic ahead of me.

On the highway I was moving to pass a slow moving car and an M5 came ROCKETING up on me as I was passing and blew past my doors, I said ****it, dropped to 3rd

long story short I caught up and walked him to 160 mph - he wouldn't give up but I just kept pulling away. At 160 I slowly began to scrub of speed with light applications of the brakes, and instead of passing me in one of the other 3 wide open lanes he jocked right behind me and tailgated within a few inches of my bumper. Eventually I got back down to 70 and he blitzed off, flashing his hazards.

I wish I had flashed mine first. I clearly won.

·
Registered
936 Posts
eh what can you? Idiots are everywhere...I would of did the same thing but not in my Celica tho. Good kill :thumbup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's what I'm saying...you beat an M5??
What year M5??
No offense (I know you have a turbo) but I think he was playing with you... I think there are hardly any cars out there that will "walk" a M5...

But...good job!

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
2swft4u said:
That's what I'm saying...you beat an M5??
What year M5??
No offense (I know you have a turbo) but I think he was playing with you... I think there are hardly any cars out there that will "walk" a M5...

But...good job!
previous gen M5's are low 13's high 12's at best. Marc has had cars much faster than that.

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
He was probably driving his turboed RX8.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I caught up and walked him to 160 mph
^Seriously if you are able to hit 160mph you need to make a video of it. I think even with a turbo 160mph would be a accomplishment. Good job though just make sure next time you walk an m5 do it at the track so everyone there will get more respect for our celicas. :chuckles:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hey marc I see that you have owned both a rx7 and an rx8. In your honest opinion which one do you think is the better car? I drove a rx8 alittle bit ago and was pretty impressed. Also just about every rx7 I have seen for sale has a rebuilt engine<have you ever had any problems with rotaries? are they trustworthy engines?

·
Registered
414 Posts
What's wrong with 160? Next time aim for 170. It's more fun up there.

EDIT - No I haven't done 170 yet, hit 150 and stopped to take an exit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Doesn't the M5 stop at 150 or under... I thought I read that somewhere...

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kylebGTS said:
Hey marc I see that you have owned both a rx7 and an rx8. In your honest opinion which one do you think is the better car? I drove a rx8 alittle bit ago and was pretty impressed. Also just about every rx7 I have seen for sale has a rebuilt engine<have you ever had any problems with rotaries? are they trustworthy engines?
RX-8 is better than the RX-7 in EVERY SINGLE WAY.

I have never had problems related to the rotary engine in either car . . . now, electrical, ecu, tuning, interior, exterior, cooling etc . . . yes, plenty, but the rotary itself has never done anything but treat me right.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts