NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am from australia and we do not have Gt or GTS. We have Sx or Zr i was wondering if anyone could tell me the different between these model. And also what turbo kit i can get for my toyota celica sx 2000 model with the vvtl-i engine

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Probe_Celica
hi i am from australia and we do not have Gt or GTS. We have Sx or Zr i was wondering if anyone could tell me the different between these model. And also what turbo kit i can get for my toyota celica sx 2000 model with the vvtl-i engine
the difference in sx and zr would be the same difference between the gt and GTS. Tho I dont know the HP specs on the australian models, But I do know the sx (your GTS equivalent) is much more powerful than the zr. Thats mainly the difference.

Also, turbo on a vvtli (2zz) motor is touchy. Its compression is high 11.5:1, but it can be done with the proper kits.

XS engineering has a very good kit. Tho, pricey.

c2 has a kit too. I am not sure if its out yet tho?

I think even SF has a kit for it. Im not to up to speed on the current kits available for a GTS (SX) but n/a might be a more reliable option.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
the difference in sx and zr would be the same difference between the gt and GTS. Tho I dont know the HP specs on the australian models, But I do know the sx (your GTS equivalent) is much more powerful than the zr. Thats mainly the difference.
Nope, in Australia, they have no 1ZZ/GT engine. Both trims come with the same 187hp 2ZZ/GT-S engine. The difference between cars is that the ZR just has more options standard (similar to the differences between our GT and GT-S, but including red accented interior and 6 disc changer). Both cars' performance should be the same.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
Nope, in Australia, they have no 1ZZ/GT engine. Both trims come with the same 187hp 2ZZ/GT-S engine. The difference between cars is that the ZR just has more options standard (similar to the differences between our GT and GT-S, but including red accented interior and 6 disc changer). Both cars' performance should be the same.
so like manual windows and such?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
so like manual windows and such?
Nope, think along the lines of a fully loaded GT vs a fully loaded GT-S. Though oddly enough, for such a warm climate, AC is just an option on both models. :wtf:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Nope, think along the lines of a fully loaded GT vs a fully loaded GT-S. Though oddly enough, for such a warm climate, AC is just an option on both models. :wtf:
well, a fully loaded gt and gts... isnt the difference just a JBL audio system, sport pedals and leather seats?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
well, a fully loaded gt and gts... isnt the difference just a JBL audio system, sport pedals and leather seats?
Also ABS w/ EBD, side airbags, red and black interior, CD changer, foglights, moonroof, and 16" rims. Both stereos have only 6 speakers, and only the GT-S gets a cassette player, too. :wtf:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
My GT has a cassette player.

whats EBD?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
They probably have the JDM radios over there. They have a huge selection compared to just one radio for the US.

EBD = Eletronic Brakeforce Distribution. It distributes braking force front to back and side to side. Helps with regular and ABS braking by giving more braking force to the wheels that grip instead of the slipping ones.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
They probably have the JDM radios over there. They have a huge selection compared to just one radio for the US.

EBD = Eletronic Brakeforce Distribution. It distributes braking force front to back and side to side. Helps with regular and ABS braking by giving more braking force to the wheels that grip instead of the slipping ones.

I actually knew what electronic brakeforce distribution was, I just sorta blanked out on what EBD stood for.
DOH!!

Also, did you suggest that the GT doesnt bring a cassette player or did I misunderstand?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts