NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I would like to introduce myself, my name is Tara and I just moved to Washington State to be with family. I bought my 02' Celica GT-S not too long ago and the previous owner told me this was a great place to get advice about my car and meet fellow Celica owners. I don't know much about web sites or computers even, which has been making things really difficult. I am hoping to get some advice about different ways I could modify my car. I really don't know what is out there for the Celica, I would appreciate any suggestions or advice from anybody. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Did you buy the car stock then? Do you want to mod it for performance or looks?

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]
I bought my 02' Celica GT-S not too long ago and the previous owner told me this was a great place to get advice about my car and meet fellow Celica owners.
Well, they were right! :thumbup:
Welcome and feel freeto ask questions! Also, check out the sites search feature, I think you'll find answers to many of your questions right there!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Lormax
Did you buy the car stock then? Do you want to mod it for performance or looks?
Yes, I bought it stock. I would like to eventually modify it for both performance and looks.

Originally posted by S|Lv3rBu||et
Well, they were right! :thumbup:
Welcome and feel freeto ask questions! Also, check out the sites search feature, I think you'll find answers to many of your questions right there!
I am trying to get a feel for the site right now.

Thank you for making me feel so welcome!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome to newcelica and Washington state:) I was just through duvall the other day:) I am sure you will love your GTS i love mine:)

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
I would like to start with intake and exaust, but I am afraid I don't know much if anything about cars. I would like to learn about my car so that I can know how to maintain it on my own.
Intake and exhaust are great places to start. Also, you might want to concider a set of lowering springs (TRDs are a great choice for a daily driver) and a stiffer rear sway bar (suspension techniques make a good one for short cash)... those mods will give your car a huge improvement in the handeling department.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by S|Lv3rBu||et
Intake and exhaust are great places to start. Also, you might want to concider a set of lowering springs (TRDs are a great choice for a daily driver) and a stiffer rear sway bar (suspension techniques make a good one for short cash)... those mods will give your car a huge improvement in the handeling department.

Thank You for the advice, I really appreciate it. I am pretty short on cash for the time being. I have a few interviews next week so that I can get a cash flow going. Hopefully I can get something done to my fairly soon.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Thank You for the advice, I really appreciate it. I am pretty short on cash for the time being. I have a few interviews next week so that I can get a cash flow going. Hopefully I can get something done to my fairly soon.
Yeah, good idea... cash first, mods second.
Even with next-to-no cash you can still have fun. You can get an AEM knock-off intake on ebay for like $22, speed-source sells brass shifter linkage bushings for around $20, and you can find polyurethane motor mount inserts for less than $30. The bushings will give you a much more direct shifter feel (a good complement mod to a short shift kit).... and the motor mount inserts will improve your throttle respose.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.