NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Haha no, at 5'8" you are not too big for the seats. I take it you've already fiddled with all the seat adjusters to get the right seat shape for yourself? There's a little gear shapped knob on the left hand side of the seat that should allow the bottom part of your seat to drop lower and the part behind you knees to raise up, if your legs are too squished.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I'm going to be serious with this request. I used to have to deal with Ergonomic issues at my last job.

Could you take a picture of yourself sitting in your seat with your door open so we can see what your posture is.

90% of the time people at my office had issues because of incorrect seating posture or a maladjusted seat. I would assume the same could be true for you.

Either that, or you may have a legitimate reason for needing aftermarket seating.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
if your to big then im oversized lol. im 6' and dont have any problems when sitting in mine.

Try getting a heal support plate that might help. i have one in mine and it works great.
If your oversized im HUGE!, im 6'6" with no problems with my seats, not even after 6 hour drives.

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
^Holy crap you're TALL! I'm Asian height. :laugh:

OP: You must be sitting wrong cuz I love my seats and I can drive for hours at a time without fatigue. I love these seats so much I got extra pair that I'm going to convert to office chairs for my room :D

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
lets just say I fit perfectly in the car with the seat all the way back, i just hope i dont grow any more.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
lol @ some of the comments above, im 6 foot, havnt noticed any problems at all, maybe ur car is a manual and some people are not comfortable sitting all the way back, i honestly dont feel very comfy when driving in town with a stick shift car, i have to be a little close than normal.. but i hope u get ur issue resolved.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm 6'5" 260 and no problems at all. I used to drive civics so maybe that helps me being used to it. My seat is a notch or 2 from all the way back and have driven 4 or 5 hours no problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Go buy a mini

I hope this 'big' 5'8" guy is joking. I'm 6'4", seat is all the way back. If I drive with someone in the seat behind me it's a little uncomfortable, but other than that no problems. My size 16 shoes though, that's another story...

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
lol at all the tall people telling the OP that 5'8" is by no means big.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
You guys are thinking height... Maybe his problem is width :chuckles:
Just playing... But you do know you can put your heel on the floor board, as for the clutch you do have a foot rest on the left or again put heel on the floor or even the whole foot move it to clutch when you need to shift.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i am 6'6'' also and people look at me funny when i tell them I drive a celica, but actually i find them to be more comfortable then most sedans and trucks, I think because it is more reclined, try tilting your seat back slightly so its like you are in a lazy boy :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.