NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the H1 today to meet my friend. Right as I'm switching lanes and I hit boost all of a sudden my car starts to sound different and there's a noticable loss of power. I'm thinking to myself, "WTF?!?" Everything's driving like dodo. I finally hit Niimitz and as I get to a stop my car just DIES! Lights come on and I'm scared to death. I had to slam on the brakes which don't move much now since the car's off. Attempting to get pullover I turn my hazards on and have to constantly rev my car to turn it on meanwhile everyone's yelling and b*tching at me like they don't seem to understand that hazards=something wrong.

I finally pull over with car's zooming by almost killing me (thanks goes out to all the big truckers that seemed to find enjoyment in comming within inches of me and my car). I figure out the problem, turns out one of my cap on a port of the throttle body from re-routing the PVC hoses had literally BLEW off while I was boosting causing a huge vacuum/boost leak. I had just taken all and any supplies I previously kept in my car for those just incase emergancies forcing me to use a paper napkin and rubberband to cap it.

What a day. I learned people can be real d*cks sometimes when there's someone on the road with a car problem. Oh ya, always keep zip ties handy (I would've killed for one instead of burning my the flesh off my hand trying to fit the rubber band on in a stinkin hot engine bay).

·
Registered
112 Posts
:AF: I hate when that happens man! I can tell you numerous times my piping blew off. You fear for the worst but *whew* it was only a vacuum leak!

I fixed my piping once with a WD40 cap and some electrical tape! AND I had a cop leaning over my shoulder trying to diagnose what was wrong with my truck.

I know the feeling of revving it just to keep it alive. Sucks man!

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BOOST!

All the little gremlins run all over your engine bay. They drive me CRAZY. But its all worth it with the amount of fun that can be had! :gap:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now that you guys mention it, the title of my thread sounds frightening! I actually just did a compression test yesterday and everything checks out so far at spec of about 184psi even across the cylinders! Woohoo, I'll soon find out how much more I can push safely when I get my last mod for a longggg time and finish up my odds and ends. I've spent way too much money already. It's time to start saving my pennies for a future house or something when I get older.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
WHEW. Ok glad to hear this wasn't as bad as I thought after reading the first paragraph. Woah!

...and yes, ppl are D*CKHEADS when you have car problems. Ppl were throwing shyt out their cars at me when I was just changing the tire on my Accord on the side of the road (way out of ppl's way!). WTF??? :wtf:

·
Registered
70 Posts
dang mitch.. just like everyone else.. i thought ur car blew up or something. definitely affraid to click & read ur post. but i'm really glad that you're alright. one good thing.. u're quick on ur toes!

i know how people can be now days.. and never realize how they've acted until they too are in the same predicament. but i guess that's just how people are. *sigh* i know it was never like that years ago.. (what happened to the good samaritan?) i even remember when u could hitch hike and not worry about someone raping/killing/molesting you. now.. it's so scary to even catch the bus. (well that's how i feel) i always worry when my mom & sis catch the bus. never knowing if someone is hitting on them or something worst. dang.. such a corrupt world. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yep, if and when I become a parent, I don't know if I would want my kid riding the bus. I don't want to spoil them or anything, but then again I wouldn't want them to get hurt!

Yep, everyone's asking me how I plan to go out, etc. with no job. But I realized I should be studying now instead of going out so much. I've had my fun already. And I can prob have even more later if I study now. Like Jay said...cars are just too dang fun and sometimes you get a little caught up. Knowing me, I'll prob still have this sentimental baby 10 years down the line so I can always just pick up where I left off when time, money, and my lifestyle allows it. PLUS, Monocraft just brought back remaking their GT-300 kit! Grin, so now I have something to think about doing way later when I get older. I've always loved sports cars to give it up completely, even if I become older.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jay - Yep, no more jambas :( My last day of work is this Sunday.

I guess I could've used a check valve, but instead I just re-routed the PVC hoses to the intake pipe before the compressor. Or I could go the ricey way and use a fancy catch can. But then it wouldn't be positive crankcase ventilation anymore...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.