NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so first i had the fender flares and the car was gonna get the wide body look. The body shop ended up misquoting me on the price and so that idea got scratched.

Now, the car was scheduled to go in today to get the different things done that I had planned and talked with the owner of the shop about. And guess what... their head body work guy who does all the custom stuff like shaving door handles, etc, quit! So now I have to go to a different shop and schedule a new date....... i was absolutely furious when i was told this today!!!

I've decided to go with st. jaimes custom auto body which is like 15 minutes from me in springfield, MA. Ive visited their shop before and they do crazy body work. So I am giving them a call and will be scheduling to meet with them.

Just thought I would give u all an update :wave:

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gonna post em tonight dont worry :)

ya this was the place i was gonna use, and I still highly reccomend them, its just that they now have to hire a new head body work guy: www.bodyworks-unlimited.com

this is the place i will be using (they did the richard markham celica) www.stjamesautobody.com

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
St. James is AWESOME. They do AMAZING work! Check out the green Del Sol if it's there ;) I have a ton of their business cards in my wallet.

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
KrysyGT said:
St. James is AWESOME. They do AMAZING work! Check out the green Del Sol if it's there ;) I have a ton of their business cards in my wallet.
yes, the del sol is off the hook. Going through major changes. and i think u mean you have cards in your purse. Do girls carry wallets?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
styphon said:
You seem to have no luck =|
bad luck... is still luck :rofl:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
LMAO

The girls he meets probably keep their money in their bra. :gap:

Of course I have a wallet, otherwise my credit cards and money would be all over the place.

I have known the Del Sol owner for a long time and seen that car go from not much to what it is today.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
:jerkoff:
evil eye said:
140 GT said:
And i think u mean you have cards in your purse. Do girls carry wallets?
Christ, have you ever met a girl before? Of course they carry wallets, most of them do. And they keep it INSIDE their purse. What a concept. :rolleyes:
Right on the ball on that one Joe. You are correct. My exwife would lose her wallet all the time and I would always find it. I had to make myself dumb to find it though. LOL :shrugs:

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
evil eye said:
Christ, have you ever met a girl before? Of course they carry wallets, most of them do. And they keep it INSIDE their purse. What a concept. :rolleyes:
Girl???? :confused: Vaht iz a girl. Me no know vaht you say.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i almost got a job workin there last summer as a painters assistant with masking cars for paint and priming but the spot had gotten filled a week before i came in inquiring about it.

last i talked to them the owner had a del sol that they were in the process of makin into a convertible, they ever go through with that?

called them up today, scheduled meeting them on sat since thats the only free day i have from work and i am possibly leavin the car there on sat as well cause the work will take a week or two.

-greg

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
matadorgts said:
Greg how much did the shop wanted to install your fenders ? I remember you told me something like $1500..
lol, originally the shop i was gonna go through wanted 2g's to do the fender flare project. That then changed to 4-5g's so i was like fock that and sold the fenders.

But I am glad I did cause if i did that i would have to worry bout cracking fiberglass and its not practical for an every day driver. So I am excited for what is goin to be goin on with the car. I keep gettin packages every couple days in the mail with different stuff :wave:

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
silverCELICAgt-s said:
last i talked to them the owner had a del sol that they were in the process of makin into a convertible, they ever go through with that?
-greg
yup. its convertible now, widebody also. he is also puttin in 14 Tv's in his car. Its so sick. greg, ask to see the car when you stop by there. Its amazing.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
i am so psyched! Met Chris over at stjames custom autobody and we discussed what is gettin done to the car. There will be a big surprise everybody :wave: All I am goin to say is that I am spending 3 times more than what i was originally goin to spend and it will be in the shop for a whole month. On the side note, after its done, chris wants it to be showcased with their custom cars at the shows they go to in FL during spring break and for the next HIN.
After the work is done and pics are taken, I should hopefully be pickin up some different sponsorships :)

What is getting done has never been seen on a celica and is totally unique which is something I have always wanted to make it different from the rest (in a good way, lol)

-Greg

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
silverCELICAgt-s said:
chris wants it to be showcased with their custom cars at the shows they go to in FL during spring break and for the next HIN.
Hopefully, for a reduction in price...

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
silverCELICAgt-s said:
What is getting done has never been seen on a celica and is totally unique which is something I have always wanted to make it different from the rest (in a good way, lol)

-Greg
Are they going to make it look like a golfball via a 1000 dents

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Tikked Again said:
Are they going to make it look like a golfball via a 1000 dents
basically, u wann help out, we r puttin it in the middle of a driving range tomorrow............... :bs:

u will all just have to wait and see :wave:

i have to stop in this week so they can do the mock ups so they can size up the different crap and then it goes in the next monday and will stay there for 3-4 weeks. I will be sure to post pics of the progress as the work begins :thumbup:

LOL, u will like this, he said the kid with the yellow celica (Ed) "he must think we are like a maaco or somethin, lol". He was like, "that kid came in here on a monday, expecting us to have nothing else to do except his car and to have it painted and ready for a show that weekend."

Ed, places like these where they get loaded with custom work, takes time to get into their shop. THe other shop I was gonna use took me 2 weeks in advance just to get it in there, im lucky that they are takin it in a one week notice at st james, I for sure though I was gonna have to wait a couple weeks to get it in there.

So anyways, I have to call em on monday afternoon for the final estimated price once chris talks with his brother and then i gotta stop in this week so they can do the moch up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts