NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had absolutely no hope here. It wasn't even really a race, but my friend just got a Yamaha YZF 600R and I pulled onto a road in front of him (way in front mind you) and by the time I was at 70-80, he flew by me probably pulling about 100-110. I never had a chance, but I didn't figure I did. Those things are friggin fast. I want one of the brand new R6's. Man those things are sweet

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah... damn bikes

About a month ago I was comin home from out of town and out on the highway literally around 8-12 bikes zoomed by me all doing at least 100 MPH in moderate traffic! I was like HOLY SH!T :AF:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd love to have a bike, but I know I would get the new R6 and kill myself trying to learn how to ride it, so thumbs down for now. I'll stick to cars for now. i should ask my dad if I can take out one of his grand nationals and then get into good favor with him enough to borrow his new VTwin Harley. Oh god my dad has some FIRE ridez

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Purple_GTS said:
hehe! And whoever said they can beat a bike must be smoking some good stuff
Ain't that the truth! And I wish I had some...
Sorry, tonight's been sh*tty for me and I had to let SOMETHING off. Anyway, if someone does say that, the bike didn't even know they were there

·
Registered
187 Posts
Purple_GTS said:
hehe! And whoever said they can beat a bike must be smoking some good stuff
HeHe...actually I know a few LS1 and Supra guys (well, actually, he just sold his 725rwhp Supra) that have beaten bikes....but most of these guys are running well into the 10's in the 1/4...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I know a couple cars around here that could destroy bikes. Like a turbo talon, eclipse dsm, LS1 Z28, etc. They're all running 11's. The Z28 is incredible. it's like the 6th fastest N/A Camaro on the camaro boards, and it's an Automatic Z28. 11.6 is his best ET I think

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
On LS1.com and CamaroZ28.com there are tons of stock dipslacement cars n/a in the 10s.
Most bikes should kill cars in stock trim.

·
Registered
187 Posts
TwoToneGT-S said:
yeah I know a couple cars around here that could destroy bikes. Like a turbo talon, eclipse dsm, LS1 Z28, etc. They're all running 11's. The Z28 is incredible. it's like the 6th fastest N/A Camaro on the camaro boards, and it's an Automatic Z28. 11.6 is his best ET I think
Hmmph...in all honesty 11.6 isn't all that quick for an A4 Z28 with a good converter and typical bolt on's. For instance, another local DE guy is running a Vig2800 stall converter, true duals, and bolt-on's in his 98 A4 Z28 with 330rwhp and 380rwtq and he's running high 11's @ 115 easy with a 1.69 60 foot. Throw a heads/cam package on top of that and a slightly better stall converter and hello high 10's. The A4 cars can be extremely quick 1/4 mile cars with only a stall converter mod.

My plans are for a H/C package, finish off the bolt-ons, then a nice 150 nitrous kit, suspension mods, new rear, hello 10's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts