NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just got two new key fobs from a dealer in TX. The "programming guide" he gave me was the info sheet on the system. I live in KS and have the unfortunate luck of having a SECURIKEY+ system on my car. I have spent the last 4 or 5 hours searching this site and the internet in general with no luck finding a programming guide for my system. The FCC ID # is ELVAT6B, I can't find it anywhere. If anyone has any information at all that would be amazing. Thanks

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
It has to be on here somewhere I remember seeing, the programming involved at lot of door opening, locking and unlocking iirc.

·
Registered
419 Posts
hey i live in KS too, Kansas City, there are a bunch of new KS people on here

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SlamminS85 said:
hey i live in KS too, Kansas City, there are a bunch of new KS people on here

Well in that case we should get a meet together sometime ... but i got to get these key fobs working first.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,528 Posts
FCC IDENTIFIER: ELVAT6B

Name of Grantee: Nutek Corporation

Equipment Class: Part 15 Security/Remote Control Transmitter
Notes: Automotive Security System Transmitter

I'm searching more... this is the factory programming instructions:
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203502

You'll find all the info on factory systems here: http://toyotasecurity.buypartsonline.biz/index.html

I don't think what you have is factory? I suspect that you may have an Audiovox/Pursuit system.. is it Keyless entry only, no alarm?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked both sites but niether had what I was looking for and i tried the programming method again but still nothing.
Thanks anyway

okay so someone tell me how to get a picture on here b/c i have decided to be computer illiterate today. When I click the insert image it pulls up a script prompt that I am clueless about. I have a picture of the remote, maybe that will help. I know it helped the parts counter guy, because when he saw it there was a blank "what is that" look on his face.

·
15,528 Posts
Securikey+ is made by Audiovox. The Toyo factory programming will not work. You need to obtain the model # of the control unit (located on the alarm control "box") and go here: http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/manuals.jsp?

There, you can get the manuals for your system. I suspect that you will need to use the "Valet Switch" and IGN key to enter into the programming mode to add the replacement remotes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The Securikey+ system is great. I have not had one problem in 2 years. It also took 2 minutes to program the key with proper directions. I can look to see if I have them at home still.

It's nothing to do with opening and shutting the doors. You have to use the valet switch a few time in a combination of clicks on the remote and valet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay so thanks to more directed links from everyone I was able to get a copy of the instructions. I must say that programming is much easier if you don't have to open and close your car door every other step.

Thanks for everyones help.

·
15,528 Posts
yw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts