NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after picking up my sis from school, i go through all the school zones at 15...then i make a left and accelerate to the speed limit since the cop was RIGHT in front of me....he pulls me over 37-15 in a school zone.....but the last school zone sign that i passed was not flashing, so how do i know it is supposed to be a damn school zone....right now the ticket is like $320 i think...im taking this sh!t to court i hope this mother ****er get shot next time he answers a dangerous call....he wouldn't even listen to my rationalizing...fuking bastard...why would i accelerate right in front of him? AHHHHHHHH im sooooooooooooooooo pissssssed right now...anyone wanna get drunk tonight? that is if my parents let me live...

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
ouch, I don't know if you case would hold up in court though.

I'm always up for drinks! :D

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
why would u tell your parents???

and another thing, dont bring ur dumb pinoy ass to court.. thats what laywers are for.. pay the 80 bucks and forget about it.. ive gotten tickets 30+ mph over the limit... no need to argue about who was right or who was wrong.. just give it to a lawyer..

im up for sum herb..
ive

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
serge i had to tell my rents cuz i won't be here when all teh lawyer mail comes in, it's all good my dad is kinda mad at me, but he said he would take care of it for me...

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
$320 is alot!!! Take it to court!!

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea that's why my dad is gonna do

·
Registered
168 Posts
take it 2 court... i just got a ticket 56 on a 40 fukin gay.... it had been 3 months w/o a ticket almost a record... if u need help with yer tickets ask serge about it he has alot of them he would kno what 2 do

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
well....what was the speed limit for hours other than school hours on that road? was it 40? And did you accelerate before the school zone sign, even though it wasn't flashing?? I guess you could always blame it on the sign not going off...but it'll still be hard to get out of that ticket because they take it so seriously. oh well...you learned, what can ya do. :(

·
Registered
588 Posts
Neil, which sign are you talking about? The one that is near the middle school? If so, that sign hasn't flashed all year. I went that way every day to go to school and I never once saw it flashing. I also think the speed limit is 35 on that road during non school hours.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well yea i was going 37....and ash that is the sign im talking bout

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey man, my best friend had the same exact problem, the sign wasn't flashing, but he got pulled over. The cop was just stupid and parked where he couldn't see the flashing sign. My advice, check the time on the ticket. Drive to the school zone sign and see what time it turns off. If you are right, go to the DOT (I think that is where, I can check) and get a letter that says the school zone light at ____ turns off at ____pm. Take it to court then, and be like, wow, I got a ticket after the sign was off. If it is that close then it is most likely NOT beyond all reasonable doubt, and you'll win. Let me know if you need any more help.

Danny

·
Registered
588 Posts
po9i said:
well yea i was going 37....and ash that is the sign im talking bout
Then that sign hasn't worked since the day they put it in. And when they put that sign in, they took down the other one that had the school zone times written on it. Nobody ever went the school zone speed limit in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts