1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to reiterate how ****ty this car is

took me 5 minutes to figure out how to start it
took me 5 minutes to figure out how to change from FM to AM

steering is hefty but very limited feel as to what's going on in the front of the car

power delivery is good, like a rubber band, and fuel economy is also very good

the seats are well bolstered compared to the Saab 9-3 Aero I just drove to NYC/Vermont/NH and back to Rochester but can't compare to the M-Sport seats that BMW offers

The steering wheel is retarded

The car is bland looking, even in black

You have to program the turn signals, and even then they don't go off automatically, you have to retap them most of the time - they don't click into place, you just touch it and they go on and off - this really annoys me

The stock stereo is pretty decent though

Car feels heavy and numb

That's about it - I'll keep ranting as I drive it more.

·
Registered
182 Posts
a guy i know got a 335i recently and everyone has been treating him like a freaking god.

I don't get it, the car isnt that nice. Reminds me of driving an is350, its ok, but I would spend the money on something a lot faster feeling for 300hp.

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,517 Posts
drove a friend's 325i the other day, traded cars because he wanted to drive stick for a change...i will admit i like how quiet the ride is, but other than that, i don't see anything special in those 3 series that BMW has...albeit the M series of course...

·
15,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atrac7GTS said:
drove a friend's 325i the other day, traded cars because he wanted to drive stick for a change...i will admit i like how quiet the ride is, but other than that, i don't see anything special in those 3 series that BMW has...albeit the M series of course...
the M is a bigger disappointment than the regular 3-series

they engineered all the joy out of it.

The 3-series is a fantastic vehicle for a robot to pilot around a track - they are dynamically flawless

ze germans just forgot that there's a human that has to pilot it - and engineered all joy out of the car in the pursuit of perfect function.

·
15,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
neological said:
I drove a 328i for a day. It was like driving a german camry.
exactly

soulless transportation appliance

on a side note, out of anger I went to the Honda dealership afterwards and drove the Civic SI again - I am very very very close to leasing one (as a tax deduction)

its the most perfect little car on the planet

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
marc said:
exactly

on a side note, out of anger I went to the Honda dealership afterwards and drove the Civic SI again - I am very very very close to leasing one (as a tax deduction)

I haves a question. Would you take it over a TSX in 6 speed manual?

·
15,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTsRasta said:
marc said:
exactly

I haves a question. Would you take it over a TSX in 6 speed manual?
HELL NO - Not only do I love the TSX, but the whole time I was driving the BMW I was just wishing I could be in something else - I mean, the ergonomics were trash, figuring out the controls was trash, even that stupid key nub + start button was retarded. I couldn't wait to get rid of that piece of ****.

The TSX is frickin awesome - I beat the living hell out of that car on my test drive and it never once said no to anything I made it do - the car has a magic suspension.

Plus it comes fully loaded with absolutely everything at dirt cheap

PLUS Hondata + K24 = some real motivation, otherwise the car is kind of a turd in a straight line.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
marc said:
exactly

The only thing you will hate about the Civic is the crappy interior quality. The feel is very nice brand new, but it scuffs up so easily, and the seats/arm rest all show a lot of wear after less than a year. Then again, if you are leasing it, you might not give a sh!t.

I bought a 2dr as my DD...love it except for this.

·
15,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Burrcold said:
marc said:
exactly

The only thing you will hate about the Civic is the crappy interior quality. The feel is very nice brand new, but it scuffs up so easily, and the seats/arm rest all show a lot of wear after less than a year. Then again, if you are leasing it, you might not give a sh!t.

I bought a 2dr as my DD...love it except for this.
I've had 4 Civics - I know what to expect.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
marc said:
HELL NO - Not only do I love the TSX, but the whole time I was driving the BMW I was just wishing I could be in something else - I mean, the ergonomics were trash, figuring out the controls was trash, even that stupid key nub + start button was retarded. I couldn't wait to get rid of that piece of ****.

The TSX is frickin awesome - I beat the living hell out of that car on my test drive and it never once said no to anything I made it do - the car has a magic suspension.

Plus it comes fully loaded with absolutely everything at dirt cheap

PLUS Hondata + K24 = some real motivation, otherwise the car is kind of a turd in a straight line.
+ comptech supercharger = complete sleeper. Cool

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
GTsRasta said:
+ comptech supercharger = complete sleeper. Cool
I tuned a blown s2000 on a standalone AEM...If it's as powerful as that...stay away...waste of money...not to mention the TSX is FWD, so wouldn't grip that like the power deprived s2000 with a blower...Go turbo or go home with those cars...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts