NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. I only have the hotchkis rear street sway so would a TRD front sway be a good match? I also have an APR Front strut bar and a TRD rear bar, TRD Springs and KYB GR2 shocks/struts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
any front sway would be better than stock, you will feel loads of difference. Imo you should try to find a hotchkis street to compliment the rear but a trk would be ok. Check how thick the front hotckis is compared to the trd and see if you can get stiffness % for both. That will give you some idea how the trd will compare with the set.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Well, how does your car react at the limit. Is it pretty neutral, oversteer or understeer? That would bring the first question you should ask : do I need a new front sway bar?

I do not know if I will ever need one but currently, a front one would make my handling worse imo. I only have a rear one (St which is even stiffer than yours) and I believe that's the best I can do with sways so far. FWD cars tend to understeer too much! Bigger is not always better! I am talking about sways of course :)

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
danGTS said:
Well, how does your car react at the limit. Is it pretty neutral, oversteer or understeer? That would bring the first question you should ask : do I need a new front sway bar?

I do not know if I will ever need one but currently, a front one would make my handling worse imo. I only have a rear one (St which is even stiffer than yours) and I believe that's the best I can do with sways so far. FWD cars tend to understeer too much! Bigger is not always better! I am talking about sways of course :)
Suspension advice from a drag racer.........and I agree :chuckles:. What is this world coming to?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
MicaCeli said:
Suspension advice from a drag racer.........and I agree :chuckles:. What is this world coming to?
:rofl:

I am now converted to solosport! :evil: I am also the fastest in str8 line there .. :eek:: lol!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
And the person who converted me is Many :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts