NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose any one else have arerexic paint that is riddled with paint chip, light scraches from things as harmes as your finger nail from opening the door and finding the key hole in the dark, and the paint on the hole car is orange peely you know looks kinda like an orange peel mabe water spots

if any one else has paint like this from the factory post or send me a mesage and include what year and color you have

mines a 2001 carbon blue

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
00 spec blue

You'll find that all Celicas are like that. Crappy paint has been a complaint of almost every owner.

btw- Welcome and thanks for your first post. :)

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Um I think the paint is ok but is definitely questionable I mean my car has places in it from rocks and so forth that would have taken my porevious cars years to look as chipped and messed up in the front as this car. I have had my car for 6 months and its got places on the front end already plus quite a few swirls that I didn't notice as much on cars that I had previously that were at least 4-5 times the age of this one!! My car is liquid silver 2002 GT! I think Toyota needs to rethink their painting processes!!

Justin

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
It's not just Toyota's paint. I had my whole front end repainted (front bumper, both quarter panels, and hood), and a year and a half later, it looks like crap again. I got the painting done at a very good place, too.

Next repaint, I'm using that 3M film that resists rock chips. Then I can just put some new film on when the old one gets too damaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts