NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so he agreed to take his car out and gimme a run on the way to work tonight.

First off The light totally caught me off guard and i had a HORRIBLE launch, i must have dumped the clutch at 2k rpms, but in first gear I took him by a car length then i pretty much just kept the lead. He was gaining on me and if we went further than a 1/4 mile probly would have passed me.

but I had a Horrible launch. I told him if he was gonna buy an automatic he might as well get a 4 cylnder car because no matter what he will still be slow. But that thing has some pull in the higher gears.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by SleeprGT
Ok so he agreed to take his car out and gimme a run on the way to work tonight.

First off The light totally caught me off guard and i had a HORRIBLE launch, i must have dumped the clutch at 2k rpms, but in first gear I took him by a car length then i pretty much just kept the lead. He was gaining on me and if we went further than a 1/4 mile probly would have passed me.

but I had a Horrible launch. I told him if he was gonna buy an automatic he might as well get a 4 cylnder car because no matter what he will still be slow. But that thing has some pull in the higher gears.
He was pulling you uptop?

You suck. Tell chris to send you his header ASAP!!

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
The automatic ain't so bad on the car. it's the heavy weight coupled with only 200 hp. Seeing as he was due to pass you in if it kept up and they run high 15's low 16's with the auto I'd say you need to practice a bit more.

BTW: Nice kill:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by F35-JSF
The automatic ain't so bad on the car. it's the heavy weight coupled with only 200 hp. Seeing as he was due to pass you in if it kept up and they run high 15's low 16's with the auto I'd say you need to practice a bit more.

BTW: Nice kill:thumbup:
You would have won if you were driving :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Damn Straight. Celica or camaro
Reuben's Passat with Reuben Driving > Will in his Z.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
You're still pissed about me staying up with the ls1 in the 2g aren't you?
I was never pissed. I was messin with you. You are still pissed on being questioned arent you? :chuckles:

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I told you I had a Horrible Launch, And I didn't mean he was Going to pass me if we went another 1/8 of a mile what im saying is the GT is SLOW in the higher Gears, like 4th! and 5th.

And no I Can hold my own when it comes to shifting. ask Easy C, since hes the only guy who raced me on the forums. The only reason that damn maro was close is because I had a bad launch. That **** could happen to anyone.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by 03SilverGTS
Why are you suprised? the camaro has more HP than a Celica GT, it should be pulling up top.
gee... let me think.. power/weight, gearing, aerodynamics, powerband

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Reuben's Passat with Reuben Driving > Will in his Z.
have balls and bring the STi into this you woman.. :chuckles:

·
Registered
154 Posts
TRDGTS026spd said:
gee... let me think.. power/weight, gearing, aerodynamics, powerband
Ok smartass, the Celica GT for one is no more aerodynamic than the Camaro and another thing while the Camaro does weigh more once it gets into motion and is already rolling at good speed it will pull away from the Celica GT, HP/TQ owns the celica Gt.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
3.8 v6 has no top end either

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
Originally posted by 03SilverGTS
It has more than a celica gt.
teh auto gt OWNZZZZ JOOOOO

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
here ya go.. i mean.. since im a smart ass and all

and you can look this up too

3.8L V6 Camaro
WEIGHT: 3467lb
HP: 200 @ 5200rpm [email protected] 5200rpm <(cousins v6 camaro dynoed at this.. and i think his was the 210hp V6 camaro that came out in the last years of the camaro)
TQ:225 @ 4000rpm 181 rwtq @ 4000rpm

vs

1.8L inline 4 CELICA GT
WEIGHT:2425lbs
HP:140 @ 6400rpm 126ishwhp
TQ:125 @ 4200rpm 110ish wtq

that gives the camaro 1 horse for every 21 something pounds
and the Celica 1horse for every 19 lbs

ar far as torque goes it is the celica that has problems gettin moving NOT the camaro

better power to weight
better Coefficient of Drag , which is .32 (.31 w/o wing)
and .34 for camaro
Celicas gearing is better for its powerband
than the camaros is for its own

so .. if you're gettin owned by v6 camaros there is only one problem here.. either you are way too fat or you drive like something with a vagina.. thanks

:eek:wned:

:eslap: <---03silvergts

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.