NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone show me how to drain my air conditioners freon (R134a). And what tools required. Basically all the stuff I need to replace my compressor.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
755 Posts
If you don't know how to do it, don't touch the car

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lormax said:
If you don't know how to do it, don't touch the car
Do you know how to it? If you do then tell me, if you don't.. don't be a smart ass.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
he's not being a smart ass. a/c work is not something you can just figure out. i work at firestone, trying to learn to work on cars, and the lead mechanic, who will teach me anything i ask, won't teach me that because you can't learn it quick and easy. take it to someone with experience, meaning a mechanic

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by F22-Raptor
Draining freon without the proper recovery tools is illegal. Take it somewhere to get it done.
:werd: But no one has to know.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:wtf: I could careless if it's illegal or not. Just because it's illegal does not and will not stop me from learning how to do it.

Well, thanks anyways to all who responded.

Thread close.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by VTown707
:wtf: I could careless if it's illegal or not. Just because it's illegal does not and will not stop me from learning how to do it.

Well, thanks anyways to all who responded.

Thread close.
It sort of hard to do. Thats why they suggested you dont do it. Learn by watching. A mistake can be expensive.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by jway83
he's not being a smart ass. a/c work is not something you can just figure out.
That's bs. I accidentally undid the screw at the bottom of the radiator. When I realized that it was the screw for the radiator, I tried to put it back on but ass soon as I got it in place there was a cold blast of air, and clear odorless liquid all over. I put the screw back on and since my car started fine I thought nothing of it. Then I went to turn on my airconditioning but I couldn't get any cold air. I put two and two together, and figure out that I blew my freon out. I went to pep boys and bought a R134 kit for less than twenty bucks. I pumped it back in, then ran the engine with the air on while checking for the bubbles in the little cap thing on the left side of the engine. If it sounds like I don't know what I am talking about, it is because I don't. But my air conditioning has been working fine now for a year, and I am going to assume that the freon was what was blasted out, and that I was able to fix this with little automotive skill. I might be wrong, but if I am not, then this was easy to do seeing as half of the process was an accident for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts