NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some Rotora cross-drilled and slotted rotors and need help installing them and new brake pads! Can anyone help me out on Saturday?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
How far from Columbia are you? I might be able to help you, given that it doesn't rain.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
beth said:
I just got some Rotora cross-drilled and slotted rotors and need help installing them and new brake pads! Can anyone help me out on Saturday?
:werd: You do need help.pads shouldn't be a problem and if the rotors come off as easy as on the celica, the rotors shouldn't be an issue either. Don't forget to bed both the rotors and the pads. And bedded in pads are better to bed in new rotors and older rotors are better for bedding in new pads.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I can't imagine the rotors to need more than a rubber mallet to loosen up. Either that, or the little bolt hole to "jimmy" the rotor off.

Is there an online tutorial on the Tibruon's brakes? Particularly the rears. I just want to make sure the rear caliper doesn't need a "special" resetting tool (like the damn vws!).

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Originally posted by boostjunkie26
I can't imagine the rotors to need more than a rubber mallet to loosen up. Either that, or the little bolt hole to "jimmy" the rotor off.

Is there an online tutorial on the Tibruon's brakes? Particularly the rears. I just want to make sure the rear caliper doesn't need a "special" resetting tool (like the damn vws!).
Seriously, the celica rotors were about ready to fall off when Slava and I changed my pads. :laugh:

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Originally posted by kaioshin
Seriously, the celica rotors were about ready to fall off when Slava and I changed my pads. :laugh:
Funny because mine were the exact opposite. I had to wack them with a rubber mallet a thousand times before they loosened up.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
mine and Pringles were easy to do and the rotors basicaly fell off. I had to knock Mei's off with a hammer.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Re: Re: i need help!

kaioshin said:
Don't forget to bed both the rotors and the pads. And bedded in pads are better to bed in new rotors and older rotors are better for bedding in new pads.
:werd: Just bed in the pads on the old rotors first, then the next day you can install the whole mess, and re-bed.

john

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
schlegelbagel said:
How many miles do you usually go through, before you need new brake pads?
ir really depends. I replaced the pads and rotors on my bimmer, they were stockers. I figured with 70k miles on the car, it was time for a change and I got all 4 corners (pads and rotors) for 250. When I took it all off, the pads were maybe 1/2 worn, and I saved the rotors, I can resurface them and they'll be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts