NewCelica.org Forum banner

I need info or help!! my CAI sucked a bit of water

930 views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  R-Panda 
#1 ·
i was drivin in the freeway and it was raining really hard and the freeway was a bit flooded..i think my CAI sucked water in and for a moment my car idled hella weird like it was going to die and when i step on the gas, white smoke is coming out off my exhaust..i waited for a lil'bit then drove off.. my car still runs ok but it idles a lil'bit weird..not like about to stall but still not normal. i checked the oil and its weird as well..looks kinda milky and a bit muddy. should i be concerned or would the weirdness go away after a few days? i hope its not gonna hydro-lock. should i drain the oil?

#3 ·
Your a NINJA! Why do you need help? Haha...I'm kidding. Sorry to hear what happpen Tonchi. Good luck with your situation ro and I'm just happy to know that your car is still running.

#4 ·
oi ... ****. Hmm.. i think you got a bit of water in the engine.. I'd clean the maf sensor and do an oil change + Filter. Dont run your car in the meanwhile... that milky substance WAS your oil... so righ now its not going to lubricate your engine right.

#5 ·
Do an Oil Change before you start the car again. Water came into your engine, and burned off. But some most likely stayed in there. So oil/Filter change, Check your MAF, and sparkplugs. Then run the car. Also, make sure there is no water in the intake piping/ Filter.

#7 ·
#6 ·
If the engine is running Ok right now, you should be fine. But just dont run it, because the Oil/Water mix wont be enough to lubricate the internals.

#9 ·
sounds like everyone has got ya covered and sounds like you are one of the unlucky ones who actually sucked in water and lucky ones who didnt fukk over their motor. good stuff. but yeah like they said change the oil before you drive the car again. and checking all that other stuff is a great idea but not extremely necessary. but still a good ideer for the sake of safety and thoroughness.

#16 ·
just go turbo..

wwaaaAAAAA *psshhhh*:drool:

#20 ·
i know since the last time you said everything was good. Any update since then? Is everything still good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.