NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys i have posted in general and got a few answers. but before i buy some camber links off of ebay (the hotchkis blemishe d ones) is it worth it? i had my car in for an alignment two days ago and they said they couldnt adjust the camber, and that i might camber links? is this true? aalot of the seraches i did came up with how many people say that the rear IS adjsutable? but how can i show my alignment team that it is? also, i havea big ass stereo in the back, three amps, and of course the subs, weighs it down alot more than it should be, wat do u guys recommend me doin? someitmes it looks fine, and tehr points and angles the tires like / \ really badly, i kno alittle negative is fine, but this seems to be to much. i am trying to purchase them if i dont have too 210 is alto for freakin links like tat, i am trying to save for new tires since i got piece of **** falkens, btw of the topic but wat kind of tire u guys recommend for all season? i wanta good tire not ****, well i thank u all for ur help, i am sure u see where i am coming from, and yes i did SEARCH. thanks again. jon

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
yes, the rear camber IS adjustable on the celicas. Some alignment techs don't know that it is because they have trouble seeing the adjuster because Toyota hid it pretty well. If you look above the rear suspension crossmember and right near the inside side of the frame rail you'll see the cam-eccentric adjuster for the camber. I can get a pic of it for you that a club member of ours took while we were installing his sways.
There really is no need to buy the hotchkis rear camber links at all for our celicas. All they do is make the adjusting easier by relocating the adjustment to just inside the wheel.
Here is the pic. Actually the picture is turned on its side so you have to lay your head on your left shoulder while looking at it! :D

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Sorry about that Bill. when I was going through the pics, I guess I forgot to flip this one. You can see the muffler on the "bottom" of the pic too.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
skreemin_trdgts said:
Some alignment techs don't know that it is because they have trouble seeing the adjuster because Toyota hid it pretty well.

Actually most "alignment techs" are clueless

The guy who does mone climbed down into his pit (yes a pit), looked at the rear suspension and said. "This is new for Toyota and it's adjustable, how much camber you want again."

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow guys thanks so much! i printed out the pic and i am takin it monday! thanks again, u guys are awesome! peace. jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts