NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to make a long story short, I went to tgi fridays and hopped in my buddies car for the ride, a supercharged ws6... kicked it right in first, left in second, and it stuck in third and took it to the top of the gear... I swear it was like i had tunnel vision on the road ahead... made me so frustraded with my snail... i swear that ta is one badass car... anyone else have a similar experience and have become dissatisfied with your celica? (btw he runs 11's) I need something faster!!!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I never got disatisfied with my Celica, more like my station in life. A good friend of mine has a 2001 ( I think) Ferrari Modena that he just spent $144000 on. Over 4th of July weekend he asked me if I wanted to drive. So we are doing 120 down some old country road and I pretty much had an orgasm. Just knowing that I could have gone so much faster was enough for me. I had to light a cigarette up afterwards. Anyway, I never started dissing my car as much as I was hating my job, knowing that I could never afford anything like that.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I remember test driving Vipers with my father, when he was in the market. When I hopped into my Mustang GT (first car, many years ago), it felt like the lamest piece of crap out there. But since then, I have learned to appreciate what each car offers. The celica offers virtually un-rivaled handling, which makes the firebird look like crap. I would know, I've driven both many times.

Jon

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
JohnnyWash1 said:
I remember test driving Vipers with my father, when he was in the market. When I hopped into my Mustang GT (first car, many years ago), it felt like the lamest piece of crap out there. But since then, I have learned to appreciate what each car offers. The celica offers virtually un-rivaled handling, which makes the firebird look like crap. I would know, I've driven both many times.

Jon
drive a lightweight RWD 2 seater (japanese or english) and the celica will be but a distant memory

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
i drove an auto gt around for 4 years any car felt fast to me

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Rollercoasters = Faster then WS6 :D.

Everytime I start hating my car I go out and hit the twisties.......LSD :drool:

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Originally posted by MicaCeli
Rollercoasters = Faster then WS6 :D.

Everytime I start hating my car I go out and hit the twisties.......LSD :drool:
bah...the auto GTS is where it's at...:gap:

·
Registered
509 Posts
03-04 Cobra. High 12's stock, mid to high 11's pullied and tuned with the bolt ons, ported blower low to mid 11's, KenneBell, Whipple or ProCharger, 9's to 10's.

Mine is currently a mid-12 car, just the bolt ons and suspension upgrades, no pulley/tune yet. Considering the ported blower. Yeah it's fast. It sure doesn't FEEL like a Celica though. Celica, EVO...they have GREAT feedback. The problem with my Cobra is the car is big (not as big as a TA or camaro) so you lose some sense of control, plus the feedback isn't all there. Celica, EVO .. much easier to drive fast. 03 Cobra is almost too easy to drive fast. You can't floor it to pass .. I did that .. then I looked down and saw 140 MPH in like SECONDS .. it's scary. So you have to go easy on the throttle and if you ever floor it, it can only be for a moment or you'll be going right to jail or death (unless it's on a drag strip or track!) Handles well too, but it's hard to feel the car pulling the turns at high speed so you do not know when it's going to give ...

Kuz said:
to make a long story short, I went to tgi fridays and hopped in my buddies car for the ride, a supercharged ws6... kicked it right in first, left in second, and it stuck in third and took it to the top of the gear... I swear it was like i had tunnel vision on the road ahead... made me so frustraded with my snail... i swear that ta is one badass car... anyone else have a similar experience and have become dissatisfied with your celica? (btw he runs 11's) I need something faster!!!

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
To be honest I had an 11 second car (my GSX) and it was incredibly fun when it ran but I like driving the Celica just as much due to its light weight and inredible handling.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
JohnnyWash1 said:
The celica offers virtually un-rivaled handling, which makes the firebird look like crap.
So you've driven a Firebird and a Celica and you're convinced that the Celica offers "unrivaled" handling?

john

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Originally posted by mindphunk
I never got disatisfied with my Celica, more like my station in life. Anyway, I never started dissing my car as much as I was hating my job, knowing that I could never afford anything like that.

:werd: x Infinity

After I drove a 2g tsi my car felt like a huge brick.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
mindphunk said:
I never got disatisfied with my Celica, more like my station in life. A good friend of mine has a 2001 ( I think) Ferrari Modena that he just spent $144000 on. Over 4th of July weekend he asked me if I wanted to drive. So we are doing 120 down some old country road and I pretty much had an orgasm. Just knowing that I could have gone so much faster was enough for me. I had to light a cigarette up afterwards. Anyway, I never started dissing my car as much as I was hating my job, knowing that I could never afford anything like that.
I will confirm that that thing is not a car in fact it drives like a plane :drool:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Butt Dyno said:
So you've driven a Firebird and a Celica and you're convinced that the Celica offers "unrivaled" handling?

john

Yes, I am convinced the Celica offers virtually unrivaled handling. Why, does that bother you?

Originally posted by Fried Rice
drive a lightweight RWD 2 seater (japanese or english) and the celica will be but a distant memory
I made that exact mistake--I drove an S2000. Felt fantastic.

Jon

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Well, "unrivaled" implies some sort of dominant superiority.. and it's not even the best handling front wheel drive car..

john

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Butt Dyno said:
Well, "unrivaled" implies some sort of dominant superiority.. and it's not even the best handling front wheel drive car..

john

Handling is subjective, do you agree?

Well, my current tastes tend to lean heavily on lightweight cars with good communication and safe characterisitics (I'm still learning how to open track, so I can't jump right in with a really powerful FR or MR setup just yet). I have driven many cars with extreme capabilities; I was still very impressed with the handling response you get with the Celica--especially when you start modifying the suspension.

Jon

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Butt Dyno

john

Its damn close. Best handling FWD car Is the ITR.
as far as ive read, I dont think the Celica GTS is much behind.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Butt Dyno said:
Don't forget the Mazdaspeed Protege, and the Protege MP3...

john
Both bigger and heavier 4 doors. The truth is, the ITR handles very, very well. The GTS handles almost as well. Personally, I like the GTS over the ITR, but I am still amazed they are both FWD.

Jon

1 - 20 of 43 Posts