NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
OUCHHHHHH!!!!!!! Bent the snot outta it-then broka the biatch ..How much boost was ya pushing and how many boosted miles????? Any idea how the bearing are lookin yet??? That sux it hit the block as well---any thoughts on whats going back in yet???

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^^10 pounds on a 1zz for ~8000 miles

getting a stage 2 MWR shortblock to replace her

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow! Im sorry man -that sux. I was just wondering how did that sound? and was your car tuned at all, just wondering?

·
Registered
230 Posts
btagoc said:
^^^^10 pounds on a 1zz for ~8000 miles

getting a stage 2 MWR shortblock to replace her
10s not bad on a 1zz/auto< stupied to say seeing pics above ....we have matrix 1zz/autos pushing 10-12 for 20+k and then trannie broke from constant drag racing....but engines holding stronge
No idea why she let go yet huh??? that rod looks bent to hell,crazy stuff :crazy2: Well your replacement choice is a hella A++++++++++++++
Sounds like fun times ahead for you bud...Sorry the breakage happenend on ya -but now onward to bigger/stronger/better....

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kylebGTS said:
Wow! Im sorry man -that sux. I was just wondering how did that sound? and was your car tuned at all, just wondering?

I tuned it (custom setup). It was at 11.8 AFR across the board.

Just one loud thud then she started running rough and the low oil pressure light came one. Still ran and even started up twice after it happened before I figured out the block was toast.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
That's the second 1ZZ rod failure I've seen this year. I think I'd be really hesitant to turbo one of those engines without at least upgrading the rods, at which point you're spending so much coin you may as well go for a 2ZZ.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^not sure that it matters, but yup, its in an auto

coincidentally, I believe venoms was an auto too (pic 2 posts up)

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
is the rod seized to the crankshaft? I'd pull off the bearing and see if it looks damaged, im wondering if this is from too much fuel in the oil.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Illusive said:
is the rod seized to the crankshaft? I'd pull off the bearing and see if it looks damaged, im wondering if this is from too much fuel in the oil.
Not at all. Rod spins fine. What tool do you need to get those bolts off?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^^2002, purchased in feb of 2002

right, I think I had the old corolla guy in my mind who had the level10 torque converter install guide.. vamp, venom... oops

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
You have the old style block, but thats no big deal - the pistons rings and walls changed, not the rods.

Considering the small wussy sizze of the stock 1ZZ rods I'm not horribly surprised.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts