NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased a manua 2000 GT-S with 15ks on it and was wondering about lift, I have read many lift questions in the posts and am awaree of the lift bolt problem.. I wanted to check so I got 2 of my friends in the car so that I could check whether they could feel the "kick", ok so I drive to an open stretch of road, and the I launch at first, in first gear I notice there is a slight kick, then in secondit feels the same to 8k, and in 3rd, I don't feel any kick anymore.. How detectable is the kick, could it be that it is so subtle that I do not feel it, or is it the sinister lift bolt? how the hell do I diagnose the problem??

thx for help!! :p

·
Registered
718 Posts
Stock Lift kick isn't that strong, you can definitely feel it but wait till you get a CAI then you'll definitely know.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
You should feel lift even in stock form. If not, you should definitely be able to HEAR it.

Usually when the lift bolt breaks, you will be able to hit lift intermittantly. And yes you can take your car to the rev limiter with the lift bolt broken.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kaioshin said:
You should feel lift even in stock form. If not, you should definitely be able to HEAR it.

Usually when the lift bolt breaks, you will be able to hit lift intermittantly. And yes you can take your car to the rev limiter with the lift bolt broken.
So there is no exact way to tell other then checking the lift bolt itself??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.