NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
^agreed.

rookie here looking for advice; planning to nab kahuna's agx + trd combo... and maybe put in front and rear sways (hotch?) any thoughts on the set up?

PS: riding at stock height here, ideally looking for the max "clean (as in not going to give me hell)" drop here to pair up with 17" volk's....

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
that drop will be fine. adding the sway bars will give you a large improvement in cornering without having to slam the car and run super stiff spring rates.

As far as combining this with the spring rate database. I don't think it's a good idea.
Its really easy for new members to become overwhelmed with large sticky threads.
I think the two should stay separate. I linked to it in the op there should be no problems easily finding it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great Info! I'm after a drop of 2.5" and looking at the tanabe df210. I am planning on running them on stock struts/shocks until they blow before getting KYB AGX. My car has done about 60k miles so everything is still in its prime. Any comment about the ride quality and the time that I'd have before struts blow? I drive around speed bumps every day.
I'm not planning to get coilover ever because aus laws require the lowest part of the car (other than the wheels) to be at least 4" off the road.

·
toe to toe
362 Posts
:blah:...i look forward to tuning my cars suspension .I've got a few more payments and hesitation/lean issue i got to get fixed before my smog this coming November:bang:

Where can i shop for coil overs? i hate the fact that i could get ripped off when i could of bought them from someone on here for cheap. 215/35R17 with STOCK suspension right now,any advice?

im not looking to go 60mph around the corner... Just something to get rid of the huge gap in the wheel well.:violin:

Does anyone know of any members that live around the San Diego Area?

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Any of the listed options in OP's post that has TUV? I need it in order to drive legally in my country. It's a nightmare to find out if they have TUV or not.

·
Registered
37 Posts
so a basic drop is ok for oem shocks?

·
Registered
34 Posts
i think less than 1.5 inches is fine for factory struts... if somebody can answer the next cuestion would b great!!! i got tanabes df210 installed with stock struts . the front has a 2.5 finger gap... the back has no finger gap... does that sound normal to you??? heres a pic... u can see the gap easily.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i think the front had more gaps from stock.

Do i need aftermarket camber kit for a moderate drop like 1.5"? or I can adjust camber with oem arms?

·
Registered
23 Posts
noob question, i have been hearing conflicting facts, some say i need camber bolts/end links for a 2 inch or 2.5 inch drop all around. so, to the celica suspension guru's, i need help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lowering back end

I just want to lower the back end on my 2003 GT which I believe has OEM suspension.

I'm not looking for an aggressive drop, just want the back end flush with the front end, so I'm not falling forward in my seat.

Do I need to replace just the springs or both springs and shocks...I know this is probably a stupid question, but I barely know how to change the oil in my car.

Can someone recommend what to buy and how much this will cost to have installed?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.