21 - 40 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
eastchi said:
wtf??????
...?

Anyways, That is freaking insane.

BUT I guess ill be the person who has to ask...

Why a 1jz and not a 2jz?

or a jz family motor at all?

why not a 3uz. 1ur?

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
iflabs said:
Any idea when it's going to be finished?
eastchi said:
wtf??????
Carbonized_GT said:
eastchi said:
wtf??????
...?

Anyways, That is freaking insane.

BUT I guess ill be the person who has to ask...

Why a 1jz and not a 2jz?

or a jz family motor at all?

why not a 3uz. 1ur?
Sorry, folks. I'm just the guy lucky enough to see the project up close, take the pictures, and share them with the community. All the big, behind the scenes plans are top secret.

But I think Justin won't mind me telling you this much: Based on my discussion with him today, I can tell you that his Celica will offer some serious competition for the Fensport Celica in terms of power and performance. Plus, while the Fensport Celica looks practically stock, Justin's will be a true one-of-a-kind work of automotive art ;)

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
eastchi said:
****s crazy. i dont think a 2jz would fit
The bore is the same between the two, the difference is the stroke. Thus the extra .5 liters.

So sizing shouldnt that different, BUT i cant say from experience, never seen them side by side.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
When Justin told me he was thinking about doing this a couple years ago, I thought...."Yeah right, like you're really going to put a 1jz in your Celica".

Now that I see it actually coming together, all I can do is sit here with my jaw on the floor and daydream about how cool this car will be.

Right now the Fensport Celica is my all time favorite, but Justin's car will definitely be my new favorite when it's done.

For those that don't know how beautiful a 1jz can be....

And with a little more polishing....not a 1jz, but you get the idea....

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
It'll be amazing as long as you can keep it as sleeper as possible. Aside from the large rear tires :gap:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Yea, I'm kinda disappointed the inside frame wasn't painted.. I'm assuming that will be done once all the chassis stuff is figured out. I just hoped you wouldn't spent that much time and $ to leave the inside red :chuckles:
evil eye said:
Did you see the custom widebody on this thing? It's too late to be a sleeper. ;)
Minor Detail :gap:

Actually from looking at the pictures for awhile I just thought it was the stock body since I saw the red still..

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
whaaa??? :eek: the first few picks got me all exited, a rwd celica... sweet!
i honestly expected to see a 3s in there at most, not a freakin 1jz, damn...
its good to see people do things like this
:wiggle:

21 - 40 of 486 Posts