1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
The lip is also molded on.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
There are no replicas of the Molly kit... but you can buy the pieces seperately from Molly but be prepared to pay a lot for them :)

Here's a picture of my molly sides and rear

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How come there are no replicas of the simple body kits. Those would be the easiest to replicate, and have less chance a fitment probs, but NOOOO every sun-biach has to make those gaudy a$$ VS kits. Sorry, i just think it's a crock to spend 1,350 hard earned dollars on what accumulates to be a totoal of five or ten pounds of fiberglass or urathane, and then still have to have it professionally painted.

thanks for the help anyway guys/gals

berserk

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Originally posted by berserkwarri0r
How come there are no replicas of the simple body kits. Those would be the easiest to replicate, and have less chance a fitment probs, but NOOOO every sun-biach has to make those gaudy a$$ VS kits. Sorry, i just think it's a crock to spend 1,350 hard earned dollars on what accumulates to be a totoal of five or ten pounds of fiberglass or urathane, and then still have to have it professionally painted.

thanks for the help anyway guys/gals

berserk
let me help you out........Molly is so expensive because it comes allready painted!!!!!! so if you buy another kit have it fitted and painted ,you end up paying about the same amount in the end!!

And of what ive heard is that the Molly has amazing fitment!

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Originally posted by many
Molly is so expensive because it comes allready painted!!!!!! so if you buy another kit have it fitted and painted ,you end up paying about the same amount in the end!!

And of what ive heard is that the Molly has amazing fitment!
The problem with Molly's pre-painting is that there's a high chance that it wont match exactly since the car (unless its new or it never sees sunlight and precipitation) has been exposed to weather. I'd certainly hate to pay for a pre-painted piece only to have it repainted. With a color such as red for example, a slight hue change makes a big difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts