NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let's say someone, like myself, has little desire to invest in a body kit at this time. although he would be interested in modifiying the appearance of his stock front end. this is an idea for a vinyl overlay(bat, where u at).

it's simply a black overlay that covers the piece directly under the grill.

these are stock celi's that i hit up in photoshop. this is what it would look like. does this look :thumbup: or :wtf:?

K2 bodykit might ring-a-ling a bell. like this:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i acutally did somehting similiar to this with the help of bat, but it didnt turn out to good, i did it to my side skirts, put gunmetal down the side, looked hot for about a month but than rock chips, and **** ruined it, but i also tried to put the vinly on hte front of the car right where uare talking about, its abou impossible unless u have alot of time on ur hands to stretch the vinly to lay flat in that area. due to the front being rounded, and invert, and going in different directions its very hard to get the vinly to lay nicely, believe me i tried this and its not worth it, if u want something to spice up ur front, get BAts, CH1 centerhood overlay kit, i had it when i didnt have a kit, and when i did, and its so tight, hardly any body round me has it so it looks even better. just my .02 cents peace.

·
Registered
328 Posts
ya pokgai did something vry similar, but he put CELICA across the front... it almost looks like the letters are suspended in midair in some pics. Personally I think it looks good, and is an alternative to modifying your bumper if you don't wanna invest in a kit.

the middle piece blacked out on Pokgai's looks vry good, and makes his car my favorite celi by far... I'd give u props for pulling it off.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Horrible. I don't see this selling well if it ever gets made. Buy a real body kit, it's worth the money.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i wonder why. hahah nice one alex

1 - 15 of 15 Posts